• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DNS Redirection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NsOmNiA91130

Essentially, I want to redirect requests for a certain site to another site. I searched Google, but I mostly got DDNS sites. So, how would I go about doing this, in a nutshell?

Do you want something like no-ip.org? Or are you wanting a simple redirect page?

I want it so that requests for a certain page (such as google.com) will redirect to another.
Crappo diagram below.

Request for Google goes through local whatever
|
Request is redirected to OCForums
|
Other computer is now looking at OCForums, even though they requested google.com

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Locally. Is there a way to do it with a Linksys wireless router, or will I have to put a server between the router and the internet?

With my WRT54GL, I can block specific URLs or webpages with specified keywords, but not redirect URLS.

I would think you could setup a Proxy server on that PC, then set it up to do the redirecting. Then point the browser to the proxy server (127.0.0.1:whatever)

Back