• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

backplate for asus a8n sli?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InThrees

I recently bought one of these motherboards from the classifieds, and the seller called me today to tell me his buddy can't find the backplate. (seller is out of town, his friend is collecting the bits and shipping them to me.)

He offered to pay for a new heatsink with custom mounting hardware, which was seriously stand-up of him, but I think it would be fairer to find a replacement kit or something so I can mount the heatsink I already have properly.

I.E., I'd rather say "I found this kit for $9.99 to restore stock functionality" than "Ok, the heatsink you suggested I get cost $30." Know what I mean?

The only problem is I can't *FIND* a kit like this. I have an HSF that will fit a stock 939 bracket/cage, but the motherboard he's selling is missing the backplate to fit the bracket.

Help me help him help me! ;) Any ideas? Anyone know what I'm talking about? Trying to search at newegg for non-mainstream things is like pulling teeth, only harder. I found a 478-x converter kit, but that's not what I need, and it requires a backplate anyway.

Back