• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was surprised to see 30Mb/s d/l on my wireless notebook. I guess it was worth $12 to upgrade my old G to N. :)
My ping is sucking wind today for some reason though... always something.

4595476400.png

And your latency probably got cut to 1/3-1/4 of what it was in game

tested out on pingtest.net.

Wireless shows 22ms ping and 9 ms jitter.
Ethernet shows 17ms ping and 2 ms jitter.
i didn't notice any difference in playing League of Legend. :eh?: this is all i play

Just saw this challenge accepted :clap:

4607246035.png
What the ****? How is interwebs that fast? Webpages must load before you even click the link!

Because he's cheating. That isn't his home connection. That's not even his work connection. He ran the test on a server sitting in a datacenter with a tens-of-Gbps pipe, and the Speedtest "host" is probably in the same datacenter with that 1 ms ping. I could do that too :)

Last edited:
Because he's cheating. That isn't his home connection.

I didn't persay cheat lol it's actually my company and that's where I have my test bench and all my man cave lol I'm at my office prob 70% of my time.

And yes it's extremely nice having those speeds, our server farm actually has about 34k Mbps up and down we manage cloud computing for companies around here and also host smaller companies virtual servers in our own data center.

4649552946.png

Recently moved to Kansas(new job), living with in-laws until wife and I buy our own house. Learned alot about AT&T these past few days, been rearranging the wiring and cables to allow for our TV and comptuers. I think their internet is DSL and even has "cable" through the phone lines apparently. I've never seen this before and seems to act like satellite(I actually thought they had satellite, at first), in the sense that bad weather can affect quality of picture on the TV(including when recording on the DVR) and internet connection.

In all honesty, TWC in NY wasn't much faster than this, even with turbo boost. :rolleyes:

Back