• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dallas to Chicago

4153394427.png

I Envy you cable guys some, but there are added benefits to living out in the sticks.

Attachments

• 4153390667.png
    4153390667.png
    30 KB · Views: 138
i can't breath.... it takes me 2 nights to download a 2.5GB movie, becasue my net is only free from 3to7am , and you do that in 17 seconds, it took me a month to get tf2 and wow update(cata), i leave my pc to download a youtube movie if i get lucky enoguh to use https, you can watch hd ones without problem... :drool:

Hey look on the bright side- our net in North America is never free :). Yes we have faster connections but that's just a result of investment in infrastructure. Any country or region with some dedication to the idea can pull it off.

I'm very sorry that you have to deal with 0.5mbps (and less). That really sucks. If it makes you feel any better my grandmother in Spain usually only gets 0.5-3.0 down and 0.25-0.5 up. Not that much better. I try to download big files there and I just shake my head at the horror that ensues.

in North America ...snip... we have faster connections but that's just a result of investment in infrastructure

:rofl::rofl::clap:
:shock::-/:(
:rain::rain::cry:
Average speed for $50:|Average cost for 25 Mbps:
fig7_DLSpeed_for50.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg
|
fig8_estCost_25Mbps.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Source: Slate

Hey look on the bright side- our net in North America is never free :). Yes we have faster connections but that's just a result of investment in infrastructure. Any country or region with some dedication to the idea can pull it off.

I'm very sorry that you have to deal with 0.5mbps (and less). That really sucks. If it makes you feel any better my grandmother in Spain usually only gets 0.5-3.0 down and 0.25-0.5 up. Not that much better. I try to download big files there and I just shake my head at the horror that ensues.

i got used to it :p its pretty normal for me, and by free i mean it doesn't use any of the data limit ! (when i go to their website it shows me like: 2gb of 4gb etc)
anyway my main problem with my net is that i can't go to youtube or many websites to see tutorials etc!

fig7_DLSpeed_for50.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg
|
fig8_estCost_25Mbps.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Hey my city is on that list! (Toronto). Fairly high up too. I envy people in Hong Kong and Seoul. Not that I'd want to live there... but I envy their internet speeds.

Using OpenNic for dns servers on verizon fios. Could be faster on the default servers but whatever

No it couldn't. A DNS request may alter latency at the beginning of a download (and only at the beginning). It in no way whatsoever alters throughput.

Screenshot_2015-01-27-05-18-47.jpg Maybe but my z3 phone with speedtest differs by a great deal and it uses the same router (with no password) using default servers-data disabled. Phone and router have N and pc has AC wireless. Above is from Jan before the pc even existed.

just moved to a new place, and finally responsible for my own internet.
so of course I got some fast stuff.
needed the larger data cap anyways, 100 meg only comes with 500GB per month!
4307798222.png

Internet at my apartment. Hotwire is good on speed but they have had a few periods in the year where downtime was over 24 hours. Still better than comcast, which has philly by the balls just about everywhere else in and around center city
4321291953.png

I want to unsubscribe from this thread... When I see peoples connection speed I just feel like I'm being robbed soo hard by AT&T, and I know I am.

Back