• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3802183665.png
I'd prefer for TWC to actually install enough hardware to use the modems to their potential, instead of overloading hubs and having to spread out over twice as many channels as actually necessary, but I'm happy with my uncapped 100/10 for now :)

Finally dropped by a TWC store and got the "new" modem.

3843989004.png

Keep in mind, it is 1:50pm here in NYC and it's their crappy Arris DG1670 all-in-one. It took most of the test duration to get up to 285 and it was still rising all the way till the end. The upload is solid limited to 20Mib, as it pegged that speed from almost the start.

Hopefully once I get my hands on the new Motorola that supports the multi-channel bonding implementation TWC is using, I'll get the 300+ consistently.

y u complain over that speed? :p

That's annoying though, having to buy a new modem every time they upgrade :-/
Hope it's not expensive.

Finally dropped by a TWC store and got the "new" modem.

3843989004.png

Keep in mind, it is 1:50pm here in NYC and it's their crappy Arris DG1670 all-in-one. It took most of the test duration to get up to 285 and it was still rising all the way till the end. The upload is solid limited to 20Mib, as it pegged that speed from almost the start.

Hopefully once I get my hands on the new Motorola that supports the multi-channel bonding implementation TWC is using, I'll get the 300+ consistently.

do you hear a sonic boom when you press download? :D
95% faster than the known universe... never mind USA :cool:

I'm in the middle of re-installing games from Steam after redoing my computer setup, so my upgraded connection is really being tested.

Peaking at 34.1MBps (272.8Mbps) in the middle of the day. A 1.6GB game download, took less then 1 minute. :muahaha:

y u complain over that speed? :p

That's annoying though, having to buy a new modem every time they upgrade :-/
Hope it's not expensive.

If you buy the 16-channel modem (Motorola SB 6183) for the 200 or 300 Mbps speeds, it's $180, or equivalent to 2.5 years of the rental fee, because when you stick far too many people on the same hub, you need modems with twice as many channels as are actually required for that speed (the regular old 8-channel modems are perfectly capable of 300 Mbps). Yay for minimal investment! Investing in infrastructure is horrible for the economy, you know... Everybody loves potholes, brownouts, and lack of communication. With so much shifting to VoIP, the lack of investment in WANs is going to become a serious problem...

My latest after replacing my Surfboard 5121 Cable Modem and Dark Knight Router with a Surfboard 6141 and WRT1900AC

3894506374.png

Back