• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kubunto 6.1 thoughts and observations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
ok well first off the install on this(x86_64 from CD) was quite simple and very fast. second this is definatly a streamlined os. i definatly like apt get and applications sending auto fetch requests. i was able to get my armorK mp3 supported within 3 minuites whereas it took about 45 mins for me to get full mp3 support going in suse due to the bloatednes of yast. so far bare minimal configuration has ben required to get anything working properly. one odd thing i had to enable mounting of each of my partitions even tho i defined mount points during the install(the mnt points where there but drives not enabled). and i cant for the life of me find my linux files in my root directory ive got my home folder and media folder. anyone else observe this or did i make a boo boo and it install my actual files into one of my other partitions. idk? anyways definatly windows like in simplicity id say a definate plus for a novice.

all of them. /etc /usr /sbin ect ect i only have the two folders showing under my / directory.

ok i figured out what happened, kubuntu installed all of its root files onto my suse partitions even though i specified for it to use only the partition i setup for it. i prehaps assigned the wrong hda# to is. oh well. it has inspired me to delete my mess of partitions and clean them up since it was geting confusing. ill try to reinstall later.

Back