• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bandwidth Limiting question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

ui understand there is software I can install into a smoothwall etc. but I have a router. D-Link WBR-2310. Is there anyway tpo limit bandwidth on this router ?

There is no way to limit bandwidth with a convensional router such as your D-link. (Although I do believe some consumer routers have this option... Linksys maybe) You'll either have to limit the bandwidth on the PC itself or set up a smoothwall type router.

Bios24 said:
There is no way to limit bandwidth with a convensional router such as your D-link. (Although I do believe some consumer routers have this option... Linksys maybe) You'll either have to limit the bandwidth on the PC itself or set up a smoothwall type router.

I believe that the Linksys routers with hacked firmware will support this to an extent. I heard netlimiter works well, but you need access to the computer and also some way to make sure somebody won't mess with whatever settings you put in. I think for the price Smoothwall will give the best results.

Back