• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What OS have you succesfully installed on a 965 Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gigabyte 965P-DS3 - Gentoo with one of the newer kernels (with ICH, not with jmicron). I'm sure jmicron works now though.

Shelnutt2 said:
DS3-> Ubuntu 6.10, XP Pro

There is a simple fix for anyone with 965 boards. I can't remember it but it involves setting the IDE detection to generic or something. You can search the forums.

Put the Jmicron controller to AHCI in bios instead of IDE if the board has this option and the kernel is patched or 2.6.18 or newer.

Kubuntu 6.10 and WXP pro on p5b-d and p5w64

/edit just come looking here for ds3 rev 3.3 and realized my p5w64 don't count - it a 975 :eek:
but have added ds3 rev 1 on ubuntu 6.10.
on ds3 rev 3.3 ubuntu 6.10 installs but no lan no luck with 6.06 or 7.04 at all :bang head

p5w64 was a snap
p5b-d needed to have pci-e lan disabled and pci lan enabled, and used ahci option on jmicron for cd

and xp pro on all with dual boot

Last edited:
maybe my copy didn't burn right. Can't get my attansic internet to work even with the drivers, and my bluetooth still won't work. But it would make sense as to why there is no p5b-e boards. pscount can you do me a favor and tell me what you did to get it work on the p5b-d or point me to a thread that explained it. I'm assuming the p5b-e is similar

gigabytes p965-s3

fedora 6 zod dvd 64 bit, works fine no bios changes needed from default, ide dvd, sata hard drive

now if only I knew how to do anything in lynns nix I might be dangerous.

Back