• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Config for 1800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Got an old AMD 1800+ with 256mb ram running linux with gnome, i'd like to know how I can get max points out of it. I have very few rigs folding, so I try and get the most out of them that I can. For example big packets on / off advanced methods etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
not sure here what folds best on linux non smp client ... my rigs are wxp except for the new smp ones and i think many of the wu's available to linux are different from the windows ones.

But in the absence of anwers from others you might just try them all?

Sorry i couldn't be of more help :eek:

I'd use big packets, and advmethods. To start, but if you have problems take big packets off, as you might run into ram issues if you try to do many programs.

w/only 256mb I'd leave big packets off... and with it only being an 1800 I'd leave the advmethods off too. The best WUs for that cpu are Amber core, advmethods will preference Gromacs. I have a 1.2GHz TBird that was pulling almost nothing but Amber with that config until recently.

harlam357 said:
w/only 256mb I'd leave big packets off... and with it only being an 1800 I'd leave the advmethods off too. The best WUs for that cpu are Amber core, advmethods will preference Gromacs. I have a 1.2GHz TBird that was pulling almost nothing but Amber with that config until recently.

I'd listen to harlem.

Thanks! I was running advmethods on with big packets off, and its taking for ever to finish wu's, thats why I asked.

Cheers.

Back