• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another AMD Rebate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The rebates, which apply mostingly to 939 processors, amount to price cuts of between $10 and $20.

Interesting choice of words by the highly esteemed Inquirer

Not a good sign for AMD sadly. Along with the fact that the 4x4 platform looks like garbage compared to Kentsfield, it spells trouble. I hope they can get some quality clock increases with the 65nm move.

I was going to go 939 a few weeks back but pulled out and now I'm buying the upgrades (sig in white) for my system below. I still think this has another year in it my Socket A system.

I feel like you could upgrade beyond Socket A for not too much money. You would be very surprised by the difference in speed. I certainly was when I went from my 2500+ to my 165 in February. Sinking more money into your current system would not be money well spent.

AngelfireUk83 said:
I was going to go 939 a few weeks back but pulled out and now I'm buying the upgrades (sig in white) for my system below. I still think this has another year in it my Socket A system.

I agree with others... you shouldn't put more money into agp. You could get A8N5X or similar low budget board and opteron 144 for < $150. Then you could get a better cost efficient pcie video card(x1650? 7600gs?).

The AGP card I am getting I ain't paying nothing for it I'm considering about buying a 939 board sometime in January. Thats when our sales start and I think I may be able to get a AMD X2 and a 939 board even lower.

It all depends on how far you look ahead on your machine. Then if your a gamer, prepare to spend a load of cach. If not, it can go further.. Atfter that, which games and how cuttting edge games you play.

Yes, a generic answer, but how specific can one be for on outlook of 3 years in the future?

If pressed, I would say Intel was the future for the next three years. AMD has has it's day/ (looks at sig)

IF your gamer, just get the best CPU you can afford and dump ALOT of RAM into it. Ram is seemilngy more important of late. Unless you get a totally modern CPU/GPU combo.

I think any dual core with loads of RAM should serve you well to the next operating system. Unless you game.

Back