Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    should I rma it?

    I bought some advertised 4-4-4-12 gskill DDR2 800 2x512 for my new setup from newegg. There was a few reviews saying it wouldnt post as advertised so I did my research and figured those people just didnt know what they where doing and bought it anyways.

    I set it up per the instructions from gskill and sure enough blue screens either before I got to my desktop or right when I got there. I emailed support and they ended up telling me to RMA it to them, not really an option for me since I wouldnt have a computer while waiting who knows how long to get more. So I decide to RMA it to newegg and order some more expensive advertised 5-5-5-15 crucial ram just for the principal of the ram not being as advertised.

    Part of the gskill instructions is to set the ram to 1.9 instead of 1.8, today I decided to try 2.0 and so far its running just fine, went through a 3dmark06 session with out crashing and since 1.9 wouldnt even get to desktop I'm pretty confident this ram will run fine at 2.0

    Since the crucial hasnt shipped yet I bet I can still cancel it within the next 2 hours, think I should and keep the gskill at 2.0?

  2. #2
    Member DJCorpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    West Fargo, ND
    Have you run memtest on the gskills? Also what specs do they have for the voltage? If they seem to be running fine now I might hang on to them but if you are having to overvolt them to just to run stable then I'd rma.
    Intel Core i7 930 @ 4022 MHz
    Noctua NH-U12P SE2
    G.SKILL Ripjaws 3x2GB DDR3 1600
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.0 GB/s SATA
    Corsair TX750W

  3. #3
    hmm, I thought it was listed as a 1.8-1.9, but I just checked and see its a 1.9-2.0 so I suppose it just might be ok.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts