• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does OverclockIX do for us?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jgombos

I would like to get an overview of what overclockix offers beyond the Knoppix toolset. Strangely, the homepage for that distro says nothing about its reason for existence.

I'm particularly interested in a convenient way to benchmark CPUs. I'm often building and rebuilding machines for people using spare parts, and so the purpose of the benchmarking is to compare the machines to each other so I know where to stack the extra memory, HDD space, etc. I guess accuracy isn't important for that.

Thanks!

overclokix is loaded with additional overclocker tools, hardware monitors and such, i dont know exactly but i used to comunicate with the masked one(my personal code name for him) who was original working on the overclockers version of knoppix. im sure someone here will chime in with additional answers as i have not actualy used it myself.

It also is a folding distro! When you start ti up it automatically start folding!

Back