• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Far Cry installation problem(anyone have the game?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

Hey all! I got a copy of Far Cry when I bought my 6800 a longgg time ago and never got around to installing it. I was bored this morning and decided to install it. Well.... Toward the end of Disc 3 it says that the file level.pak is corrupt.

WTF compleletly fresh out of the shirnkwrapped and taped sealed paper sleeves and the disc has not a scratch on it. The weird thing is it's saying it's coming from the C drive?

Error 1305 Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Cry Tek\Far Cry\Levels\Training\Level.pak Verify the file exists and that you can access it.

Retry/cancel are my options.

Frusuturating. :(

I was wondering if someoen could send me this file.

Try the disk in another drive, if that dont work see if it will work in a friends pc if it dont then the disk is bad. If it wirks ion another drive or another PC then well you got a bad drive!

Far Cry protection will not allow it to install if you have disc copy software installed. (Alcohol 120% is especially bad, but Nero has been blamed as well.) Some people use a different windows account with less background apps running for games . You could try that.

Didn't help. :(

Thing is, I'm not even sure how helpful a copy of the file will be, I looked at the CD and there's one huge cab file and when you open it there's like nine weirdo files that look more like registry keys than anything else. I'll try it on a different PC when my roommate wakes up.

I got a CRC error when trying to drag the cab to my HDD.

I had some similar issues the last time I installed FarCry as well, I just kept re-trying (took about 3 tries from scratch) before it finally installed correctly.

Try cleaning out your windows temp folder and the one in documents and settings.
Also shutdown all the load at setup items(msconfig)

Hey Chevy Tre' cold up there yet?

You can install farcry even with disc copy and disc emulation software installed. What the problem is, and crytek and ubisoft both acknowledged it was that the copy protection on the discs did not play very well with alot of different CD-rom drives. So what you will need to do is try a new drive, becuase that is about the only course of action that you realy have.

Back