• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shop4Tech.com - -10% + -10 off 30 with GCO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Encore2097

Shop4tech has a -10% coupon, HH10 and -$10 by using Google Checkout

I got a 30$ USB 2.0 Enclosure for 18 + free shipping

Both coupons expire 12/18/06

Use google checkout and on the last page before paying , select add additional coupons (right above your total)

Check resellerratings and bizrate first before you order . I ordered an ink cartridge just to test the product and thier service and Iam not happy . Two weeks to deliver 60 miles , and the package never made it to my house (although shows "delivered" w/tracking #) .

Simular problems from other reviewers . Personaly I'd avoid them .

i ordered software from them before, it came chipped (due to mail office handling not them), I emailed em and got a new disc same week.

I've had good experiences with them (have ordered several spindles of blank media over the past 2 years). BUT, as we've learned with companies like Monarch, things can change in a hurry so I'd go with whatever resellerratings has for them...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Shop4Tech

Based on that, I probably won't buy from them again. Sad, they had good generic media cheap too... :(

*UPDATE*

Ok , I FINALLY received my ink yesterday (12/7/06) . Not sure where the package was for the last 6 days (showed "delivered" on 12/1/06) , but atleast it made it to my house .
BUT ...I still have a ***** about my order taking 16 days to go only 60 miles of travel . Glad this was not a immediate needed item . For now ,Iam going to hold off on any more purchases from these guys .

They must have read your post and overnighted it over :thup:

Anyway Ill let you know how my order goes...

Encore2097 said:
They must have read your post and overnighted it over :thup:

Anyway Ill let you know how my order goes...

Thats what I thought also , but nope , package only had original tracking number (delivery confirmation #). So it was not a re-send .

Anyway, got my package on the 12th, works fine and no damage. So :thup:

GC10 is the 10% off code till Dec 26... Going to get me another enclosure!

When looking at an enclosure check a couple things:

1) *Chipset - This is crucial - Cypress for USB2 and Oxford for FireWire, two best chipsets for their respective connections hands down. This will ensure that you wont corrupt your hard drive, prolific chipsets have been known to do that.

2) Fan - If your hard drive gets very hot, like a 200GB that I have (which burns up unless air is moving over it) then I suggest getting an enclosure with a fan. On the other hand, I have another 200GB thats cool to the touch, so its in an enclosure that has no fan. Either way, having a fan would probably increase the life span of the drive, but its up to you whether you want to deal with the noise.

3) Aesthetics - Its got to look nice where ever its going to be and not be an eyesore to you :p

Anyway the enclosure I got has a Cypress chipset, has a fan ( but minimal ventilation holes (could be modded, but the drive remains cool so I have no plans to mod it), and looks sleek.

I just ordered another AZIO enclosure and although it doesn't have a fan it has vents on the front an the back and it is all aluminum.

stereo555 said:
Thats what I thought also , but nope , package only had original tracking number (delivery confirmation #). So it was not a re-send .
If it's USPS delivery conf (long string of 4-number sets, no letters), it sometimes gets registered as delivered when it reaches the post office, not your house. And there's a big lag time on it being registered as delivered, where I'll hear that the package was delivered a day or two before the online tracking shows up as delivered.

I've worked in a mailroom, and we got all sorts of crap over that when people thought that something's arrived and that we were being lazy and sitting on it. :) I always had to explain that it's sitting at the post office and that we hadn't been given the package yet... when it's in that stage it takes literally up to and over a week before it made it to us. You can generally go straight to the post office it's sitting at and pick it up if you have the # and know what you're looking for.

That doesn't happen with UPS/Fedex/DHL though... although sometimes FedEx passed packages off to USPS w/ delivery conf and we ran into the same problems again. Dunno if that still happens.

Back