• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Overlord (Update) *56k warn*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Well after piercing my rad with a wrong size screw :bang head and the loss of yet another X1800 I figured it was time to re-mod the box a bit more.

Planned mods were to of course replace the dead rad as well as add a second one of some shape or size.

I finally decided to buy a BIX to replace the lost Alphacool rad and a BIP for the secondary rad since I had both space and it was the same price as a single 120 rad.

In addition I needed to change out the tubing so I went ahead and tried the new silver-plated Tygon (1/2 -- 3/4) to see how it worked out.

The tubing itself looks great but its quite stiff and a royal pain in the *** to use at times. If you're willing to work with it I really reccomend it, but it takes alot of patience.

Before:

IMG_2187.jpg

After:

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

In addition I needed to change out the tubing so I went ahead and tried the new silver-plated Tygon (1/2 -- 3/4) to see how it worked out.

Whats the advantages other than it looks pretty?

Back