• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alan Wake Screenshots (56k Proving Grounds :O)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Oh man...get ready for this.

11335746641.jpg

11335746642.jpg

11335746653.jpg

11335746654.jpg

11335746655.jpg

11335746676.jpg

11335746677.jpg

11472309571.jpg

11472309622.jpg

11472309663.jpg

you know its gets me, after all these years trees and other foilage are flap pannels on sticks.

oh well the rest of the game looks cool, the guys kinda creepy lookin though

this game looks sick. i really hope they make it so you can move around fast in this game. Oblivion had awesome landscapes but i disliked the fact that you move so slow.

Wow, that is pretty :)

What type of gameplay? And what's it about?

or maybe I should check out the website in the morning when I'm not sooooo tired :) g'night :) :zzzzzzzzzz:

jivetrky said:
Wow, that is pretty :)

What type of gameplay? And what's it about?

or maybe I should check out the website in the morning when I'm not sooooo tired :) g'night :) :zzzzzzzzzz:

I read around gamefaq forums and not a lot seems to be known. People say they game play and sorry is like Max Payne. It has flash backs ext.

I love to see graphics like that in a good horror story plot.

Gamespot called it a Modern action adventure. So yea bla

Niku-Sama said:
you know its gets me, after all these years trees and other foilage are flap pannels on sticks.

oh well the rest of the game looks cool, the guys kinda creepy lookin though
Well, spruce forests aren't known for their variety:

spruscen.jpg

I think the main problem with the forests in these renders is the inadequate internal shadowing. It makes it look un-real.

Last edited:
Check out that shot with the mechanic. With all those highly rendered scenes I'm a little surprised to see that the engine (and other parts) look like they would be from half life! (original). Although over all this game = eye candy++++ :)

The only thing I noticed that doesn't look good is about 3-4 screenshots down when you see that one tree. The bottom half looks pretty horrid actually with a paper thin leaf texture thats pretty much a blob. Everything else, however, looks great :beer:

Im getting tired of hearing about games that are going to be Vista only...Microsoft trying to cram their latest clunker down our throats I didn't want to have to touch Vista for awhile...probably at least first service pack.

Looks like the next evolution of HL's source engine to be honest. (which is a very good thing).

The first time I saw ths original released alan wake screenies, I was like "Woah an even better looking source engine!"

Can't wait for this one.

LOL, funny how in the lighthouse shot the water is supposedly still water, even though it's the sea. :rolleyes: Yes the game looks good but at least Crysis has waves. BTW, has anyone checked out the latest trailer at gametrailers?

Graphics look pretty nice. But that isn't what makes the game so why worry about VISTA Exclusive... until you at least know what the gameplay is like.

Besides Vista can't be that bad.. ( DO NOT QUOTE ME LOL)
Worst case scenario you dual boot vista xp or vista linux varition.

Back