• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got the x1950xt, driver problems :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

Well, I managed to brake my trusty x1900xtx, so I bought this instead. I figured it would hold me off just fine until the ATi dx10 line up arrives. At any rate, I was a bit disappointed to see that the 6.11 drivers did not work with it. I had to use the drivers from the original CD, which were the 6.10's.

I tried to download the latest drivers from Sapphire's website, but I got the same error message with them (unrecognizable hardware, or something along those lines). Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix coming out soon?

I did a fresh install of XP last night, but have yet to install any video drivers. Before I did that, I uninstalled the old drivers (from the 1900xtx) via the uninstall utility then booted into safe mode and ran drivercleaner.

I then installed the 6.11's from the website (ATI) and that's where I got the error message. I then installed the 6.10s from the CD... and then reinstalled windows (much needed). So when I get home I will try the link that PhysX posted. Is that a different version than that from ATI's website?

Back