• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lower than expected "Brisbane" TDP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Whats the name of the 35W version? I know i've seen references to them but forgot where I've seen them.

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
I will not be happy until there is a sub watt CPU and a 1kw GPU

LOL at the current rate might be 20 years before the GPU hits 1kw ;) But a low wattage CPU is getting there i mean if they have 35W ones for the desk top damn it shouldn't be to to far off. Intels C2D Conroe direct replacement with 45nm tech is going to be 9W lower if not mistaken to bring it to 54W.

As hUMANbEATbOX said it's a typo according to the guys at Xtremesystems...

Kind of a moot point discussing vaporware at this stage though... there wouldn't be any of these discussions if AMD actually sent out some review samples for all the major tech sites.

Something is up... what is AMD hiding?

AMD is not doing well lately. 4x4 looks like a total bust and they are miles behind Intel in die shrinks. We'll see how long it takes to see K8L...could be a while.

Probably yields. AMD better throw another AXP out there or they're going to be relegated back to the K5 days.

I believe that you'll be able to undervolt these processors as hell.
Because there are already 35w 90nm AMD CPU's out there, and 65W is already a low Power CPU at 90nm, which is standard for 65nm. I do also believe that they will release 65nm low power cpu's. (While it has shown that even some high-wattage 90nm CPU's can be undervolted to 35w without a problem)

remember, AMD said they would no longer charge more for "EE" versions

and just because AMD's launch map shows 65w TDP, dosn't mean they can't run at a 35w TDP...

There stocks have down a lot too...

Noo...my stock simulator making me poor!

AMD ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES Amount:50 Bought: $21.53 Current: $20.67 Total value:$1,033.50 %Chg:-3.99% Gain/Loss-$43.00

Back