• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 600W+ PSU Modular, Under 170$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why do you think I put in modular in the title? I don't want to have to deal with the cables. Please refrain from posting. I know there are better PSUs I don't care. I want a Modular 600+W psu like the title says

I love my Seasonic M12.
I think the whole debate about cable resistance is gone now...it made a whole lot more difference when the psu's were 350's or so.

I do know my system loves it, and since I have an older AGP vid card, it's nice NOT to have the SLI and all the other unused cables hanging about the back of the psu.

That's getting to be more of a problem because the higher the wattage the power supplies become, they put even more cables on them. I'd rather they put fewer cables of a larger gage, like 12gage wire would be nice (though I'm sure there's a limit on the amps a molex is rated for).

And don't worry about the 60mm fan...mine has yet to come on, but my case is cooler on average too.
It's NOT a stopgap measure too. It's the only way to get air up in that corner of the case, unless they made psu's 120mm thick and put the fan on the back. :rolleyes:

Corasir and seasonic m12 are good modular power supplies. If you add quiet solution to the mix, probably only choice.

dicecca112 said:
why do you think I put in modular in the title? I don't want to have to deal with the cables. Please refrain from posting. I know there are better PSUs I don't care. I want a Modular 600+W psu like the title says

Whoops, my mistake, I just read someone mentioning Silverstones and figured I'd chime in. It's a damn good unit for ~$170. But otherwise the thread has already been answered - the Seasonics or (OEM Seasonic) Corsairs ;) not really a whole lot of variety if you want top-notch.

Neur0mancer said:
Have you tried jonnyguru.com ? great site... he tests PSU with hardware not just software testing...

dont get me wrong i think Corsiar he ranks okay..
personally... I am hesitant to buy a PSU that iis known for being something ele.. after all 12+ months ago every one loved OCZ PSUs and look what POS s they turned out to be...

Jonnny says hey ok but...says... go with proven names. only one i can think of of hand is seasonic, but others exist...

The corsairs are made by seasonic but to better specs.

Back