• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this Rig sound right...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

Ok building a rig for my friend nothing fantastic just get the job done. I don't really build AMD rigs so I thought I give this one a try.

Asus M2N Motherboard
eVga GeForce 6800XT
OCZ 1GB 3200 DDR 400 SDRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor 2.0GHz Socket AM2

How does this look please comment if I got my wires crossed. Thank You:beer: :santa:

Looks good to me. Be sure not to skimp out on a good power supply. Check this guide for your power supply needs.

Beef up the video card to a 7800GTX since the prices have dropped dramatically. You can pick one up cheap. It'll be a killer system which will have all the horsepower your friend will need for gaming ;)

If you are on a budget keep the 6800, then get a med range DX10 card in 6 months or so when they are released! If needed anyways.

ok thnx everyone no real budget not crazy budget either lol. He should be real happy either way thank you all!

Are you getting a 1 Gb stick of RAM or 2x512 Mb? 2x512 is much better.

At this stage I'd get a cheap vid card and wait for the DX10 cards to come out ...

Back