• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Folding Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, that did the trick. I hope my power supply can handle this... it makes a really loud sound when opening the GUI. Running about 6:30 minutes/frame stock 3d clocks, does that sound about right?

I'm running 677/823 with these fan perameters at 1.4 volts 60-65C

Fan runs at about 80%
5:50 frame
PPD=815

Noise is more tolerable
Let me know what you come up with. I'm always trying to make it quieter

Attachments

• resized_fan.jpg
    resized_fan.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 89
I'm down to 6:10 a frame exactly if I'm not messing with it or anything (looking at gui seems to bring it almost completely to a stop). Temperature hovers between 84-85C at ~73F room temp. I'm running fan fixed at 50%. I think the temp isn't bad considering 50% fan gave me 94C after 15 minutes of ATITool 3d view. I might bump the fan up a bit considering the most noise now is coming from my psu. I'll bump it up to 60% fan and post the temps tomorrow. Thanks again for the help everyone!

78-79C now with 60% fan. Power supply still delivers most of the noise. It's a really weird sound, kind of like a cricket or grasshopper except it's constant. Had to turn off the client to sleep :mad: I'm going to get a PCP&C 750 silencer for Christmas though, hopefully that will do the trick.

I see no where near the heat folding as I do gaming. I won't post numbers as I am water cooled so it really wouldn't be a comparison.

Back