• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with a P180 been able to setup a fan for Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

So I think my last set of ram was dying because of the heat. When touching the ram with 2.25 vdimm they were really warm. I have used a zalman bracket before in my last case that screwed on the outside of the 5.25" bay drive area to hold a fan directly over the ram. With this case it is all snap in so I can not just screw my zalman bracket to it.

Has anyone attached a large fan to blow over the Ram? Any suggestions are welcome. Pics would also be a nice touch :)

Ahh yes, forgot about zipties! Thanks for the help.

I just recieved my new ram today and now my computer isn't rebooting randomly. Got pretty annoying when I was posting in forums and it would decide to reboot after I typed a bunch of information.

This is the first time I've ever had ram just up and die on me. Is it generally heat that kills it, or just some random factor?

Not sure, I know that at least my ram (considering theres 4 sticks of it) is bearly warm to the touch.

Oh and im not using zip ties ;) Theres just twisty ties lol. There quick and easy to remove if needed.

Back