• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6600 temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just had this same issue tonight when mounting my E6600 on a P5B. Let me just say... What a horrible mounting system. I shudder to think what damage an average user might do to thier chip with such a finikey mounting system.

Not to mention i feel the damn thing needs a backplate to maybe reduce bending of the damn mobo from the HS -- That just always makes me nervious.

Anyway -- Im glad i found this thread. It was my first time with LGA-775. My temps (E6600, AS5, and stock cooler on a P5B) were also 85+ and are now down arround 30-31 in bios. But it might have still been heating up. To be honest i didnt feel like staring at the hardware monitor for more than 2 min.

Using an Asus P5W-DH Deluxe, how accurate is the BIOS temp monitor? I have used speedfan, and MBM5 and all reflect the same CPU temp as the BIOS reading.

Are u guys using the BIOS sensor for temps? Using those tools my E6400 running 400x8 =3200 (on stock vcore) is idling at 38-41c and goes up to 51-53c under load.

Using the 1407 Bios.

Just a little thread revival. You can find 95% pure isopropyl alcohol(is not rubbing alcohol just pure isopropyl) at wal-mart. While you are there, pick up some coffee filters. They make nice lint-free cleaning cloths and are dirt cheap.

LOL, ten months and back from the dead. :D

Yeah, 95% is nice, but if you can do better - more power to ya. I forget what I have... Although I know I've used EverClear in a pinch in the past. Hey, 95% is 95% right? :beer:

Back