• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New "AMD Dual-Core Optimizer," any differences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
apparently some people on the counterstrike source forums reported huge like 50fps gains from installing this. I figure I will give it a go to see what it does.

Well, Half Life 2 seems to report 2.8Ghz correctly now - before, it would vary wildly from 2.6ghz to 5.6ghz!!

Seems to run a lot smoother too. As for other app performance, well i dunno, maybe have to try encoding some video....

I went and downloaded the new one, and it is version 9.0.333.0 and 4.42MB. I've got it installed and while I really haven't tested anything with it, it has been playing Oblivion fine.

So they switched them back to the old ones? Someone PM me and I'll host it for you guys.

My fps don't jump all over the place with psx, and ps2 emulators now. That was the main problem I had before I installed this. Fixes the timing in some programs.

I just got an Opty 165 comming from a 3500+ single core. Shoud I install this? I play a lot of Call of Duty 2 will this patch help? I know CoD2 has a dual core patch also. Should I install one, the other or both?

With the old optimizer I got 69.5 vs 70.9 fps in D3 demo1 /shrug Just a statistical difference I guess.

It can help however if you've got problems with games (all kinds of weird problems, stuttering, very low fps etc..., mostly with older games).

Back