• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me set up raid with raptors on a P5B-D.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

Im pretty clueless on how to go about doing this. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I havent ever done raid before. If i were to do matrix raid. How do i go about setting it up. Before i install windows or what?

Thanks

well i dont have your board i have p5wde d so beat read your manual and hook up your harddrives on sata 1 and 2 for raid reboot get into your ich8r and config your raido then run windows then push f6 to put in raid drivers hope this helps good luck

Well i got the drivers from asus's site, i set the raid up. Now when i try to get into windows install i do the f6, and it doesnt see any hard drives.... not my storage or the raid array... whats up with that. Help is greatly appreciated.

Which mobo and also, do you have your raid drives plugged into the right SATA ports? That tripped me up the other day. Also are the raid drivers loading thru the floppy method?

krag said:
Which mobo and also, do you have your raid drives plugged into the right SATA ports? That tripped me up the other day. Also are the raid drivers loading thru the floppy method?

P5B deluxe Wifi. And they have to be in certain sata slots, lol. I think i have them in like 2 and 5, I just figured same color id be safe. Yes to the floppy. Are there 2 different sata controllers in the same spot or something.

If the Raid bios can see the drives then drivers will be the key. The reason Windows does not see the storage drive is because when Raid is enabled then AHCI will be enabled which requires drivers also.

S_Wilson said:
The ports should not matter. Did you use ctrl-I to set the specific drives to Raid?

Also, it would probably be best to use the latest drivers from Intel's site.

Floppy Configuration Tool
IATA62 Matrix Software

The ports matter on my board.

The first link is just for the controller drivers...I get the same problem with those...my drives cannot be seen. Do you have a link to the plain raid drivers?

krag said:
The ports matter on my board.

The first link is just for the controller drivers...I get the same problem with those...my drives cannot be seen. Do you have a link to the plain raid drivers?

The first link is what you need for the F6 Raid install. If you extract them you can use them for an Nlite integrated disk or on a USB drive but they are the same ones I have used. :shrug:

There may be something to the ports, with raid I have always had one drive on port 1 (top right) but the other has been on various ports such as 2, 5, etc. Main thing is that I always had a drive connected to port 1.

Hi I have a P5B-E plus simular layout to your board, I have my sata drives connected to sata 1 + 2, I downloaded the drivers from the link you have loaded them on a floppy to start, then entered raid bios ctrl I configured it to raid saved/exit and then installed windows with F6 prompt no problems at all and it was first attempt, link below might help.

http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/imst/sb/cs-015988.htm

Back