• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ubuntu 6.10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madwizard

Registered
Getting ready to install Ubuntu 6.10..

It is giving me an option list ..

Install in text mode..

Install in OEM mode.

I'm still quite new to Linux and would like to know what would be the right or best choice here..

Thanks

OEM i guess. I don't remember it giving me that option. Either is fine of course since they both install, but one looks prettier

Ya, i didnt get this option, and i do remember because i just installed it. I think both modes do the same thing, its just that oem is graphics cause text mode is, well, text.

Cheator said:
Oh wait, OEM is a predetermined install, mostly automated. Don't install using it! use graphical
wow, someone forgot the main post already :D he said graphical wasnt one of the options. so if it isnt oem, then it not there.

He download the "alternative" cd. Its an OEM/text base installer. I'd go back and get the regular cd, so A) You have a live boot disk and b)GUI installer.

am slow responding here.. :( Spent all yesterday trying to put life into an old rig that just belongs into a dumpster..:D

Yes I will use the text install as soon as I get this other board installed and going. More coffee please.... c:D

for the first install of Linux, You can choose by Yourself the best way. By grafical it would be easier, by text mode - i think You would learn more while You're the new one :) Good luck

Back