• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD2 owners, If you had a chance to start over...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am extremely happy with my current setup and its performance, I purchased my comp a few months ago. I just wish i had the cash to upgrade my video card. I have gotten great results and still have alot of headroom for more of an OC. I wish I never bought a 680i and messed around with that because my p5wdh was way better from the start.

Last edited:
Rig in my sig and if I had to do it again I would have waited for the DFI ICFX3200-TR2/G Mobo, getting that in a couple weeks I hope. Don't get me wrong I love my P5W DH Deluxe and will end up being my backup gaming rig (7800GT SLI ;)) but I need more FSB to play with as my 6600 isn't breaking a sweat at 3.8 under water but thats where my board tops out at.

~jtjuska

would keep the board chip and ram, will buy a good psu when i get some money, and upgrade gpu's after that. extremely happy with the board, haven't pushed it yet, need a little bit better fan in the tuniq and then i'll push for 3.8/4 suicides (if the board lets me)

I got my ram JUST in time before the price jumped up from 179 to 250 so I would keep that. I love my mobo and would keep that as well. As for the cpu, I wouldnt buy anything else. The one thing I should have upgraded was my cooling, but thats ok because the ac freezer 7 pro was dirt cheap. Im still very VERY happy with my current setup :)

jimmsch said:
I am brand new to OCing, but as far as I am concerned this C2D chip is awesome!! I can run it at 3.0ghz using 2.6v in BIOS vcore and it is stable.

2.6v vcore?????

That must be a typo, most CPUs would die if you ran them above 1.7 without VERY extreme cooling...

i would have waited a bit longer to get my ab9-pro since mine seems to be the worst one out there. stuck with a max fsb of 396mhz no matter what bios, im lead to think it is a pll problem. in the end even at 3ghz it is sweet.

I'm building mine slowly and deliberately, 1 piece at a time. The only parts that are permanent so far are the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, Freezer 7 Pro, and the case. I'm very well satisfied with my permanent stuff so far. Next will be a 550-600w PS, then another stick of Corsair XMS RAM, then a 7600GT graphics card.

I'm very happy with my current system. The mobo is very stable, reliable and the X6800 unlocked the OCing functions. I think I picked the best memory at that time for performance/price. The G70 case is great and since building, I switched from the FSP 700 psu to the PC P&C 750 and am very happy with the Very Quiet 750.

Sniper.nkc said:
C2D owners, If you had a chance to start over...

Based on your experience with the purchase of your C2D, ram, cooling, and motherboard, are you happy with your set-up or would you have purchase something different.

Got the best (I could afford).. solid build. No problems. In 6 months, I'll build another. :beer:

Back