• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting my XBox to see my media center computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceyWilly

I have an Xbox 360 that I'm trying to get to see my Media Center PC so that I can use the media center extender functionality of the xbox. When the xbox is plugged into the same router as the pc, it works fine, however what I would like to do is have the xbox in the living room, connected through a wired connection to my laptop, which is connected via a shared wireless connection our house's main router, which is also connected to a router in my bedroom which is acting as a wireless bridge to which the media center PC is plugged in to. When I try this set up, I can't see my media center pc, but I can see the shared media on my laptop, and I can connect to xbox live. Also, my laptop can see my media center computer on the network. My media center pc is DMZ'ed on the router in my bedroom, but I'm not sure how to get the xbox to see the PC through all this mess. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as the sooner I get this working the sooner I can stream my HD shows from my computer to the Xbox and convince my dad to order HDTV!

xbox--(wired)-->laptop--(wireless)-->router 1--(wireless)-->router 2--(wired)-->PC

got it working by running a long cable to the main router (router 1 in the diagram). Apparently the problem was with Internet Connection Sharing.

Back