• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Archlinux 0.8 released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Misfit138

Yes, it's a rolling release, but I highly recommend anyone who hasn't done so, give the new Archlinux a try. It's a terrific distro. :)

donciakas said:
i'm just wondering what is the aim of Your post Misfit138 ?

The aim is to encourage those who have the means, to give Archlinux a try.:beer:

Is it that lame? Sorry, I guess...I'm just quite enthusiastic about Archlinux and Linux in general.

Last edited:
Misfit138 said:
The aim is to encourage those who have the means, to give Archlinux a try.:beer:

Is it that lame? Sorry, I guess...I'm just quite enthusiastic about Archlinux and Linux in general.

Well, you need no sorry for that... everyone is enthusiastic in some specified places/jobs etc...:beer:

Arch is a great distro and pacman is really nice, there is another distro called frugalware that also uses pacman but uses different repositories then arch, not sure if it is fully or even partially compatible, but it is also a damn fine distro and quite stable from my experience, you might consider giving frugalware a whirl to.

frugalware comes with all sorts of codecs installed and flash and j2sdk installed as well. makes setup very easy. also, windows codecs and flash work in 64 bit which is a PITA to set up, so that was nice to.

Back