Page 11 of 198 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Greetings to everyone on this site, hope I can make some new friends!!

Hello everyone, I would like to take a few minutes of your time to introduce myself and tell you all a little bit about my computer history. I am not involved in computers professionally in anyway, just an enthusiast, but my computer history is a bit spotty.. I started out with a Commodore Vic-20 in the 80's (I'm 32), graduated to an Amiga 500 in 1988-89, and thats when the fun began. I began upgrading that thing like mad. When all was said and done, my BAD-ASS amiga 500 had a 7.14 Mhz 68000 Motorola proc, AmigaDos 1.3, 1 full megabyte of ram, and a 10 megabyte hard disk. Oh, yeah, I had a 2400 Baud modem, and 3 floppy drives. As you can imagine, it was the envy of the neighborhood. Then Commodore went belly-up around 1994-1995, and I swore off computers until 2005. Fast forward about 10 years, and I find myself purchasing a computer in front of a pawn shop(not in it, but from a guy outside) for 100 bucks. AMD athlon proc, 1 gig ram, and a geforce 4 vidcard. Just enough to whet my appetite. After all was said and done, I upgraded it as much as its agp slot and 32 bit proc. would let me, and this year, in January, I built my first ever PC from scratch. Current set-up is:

e8400 @ 3.16 stock
    asus P5N-d 750i
    2 x 8800 Ultra vid cards, stock
    8 gigs 6400 ram
    2 x 150GB raptor drives
    2 other HD @ 280 GB storage space
    22x dvd writer drive
    creative x-fi titanium card

Oh, and since my mobo has stupid SATA ports that are covered by my vid cards, I have to use a PCI sata controller to hook up the other 2 sata devices that wont fit in the normal spots (2 of my HDs are IDE).

Anyway, my latest dilemma has been loading Vista 64 ultimate, switching from xp 32. XP was stable as all hell, but I figured Id go for more ram and maybe a performance boost, but since Ive installed vista, Ive had problems.. crashes, and not being able to get programs to work. So, I decided I needed to join some type of online community and get some help.. Anyone want to help?

Ooh a welcome mat

Hi everyone

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Welcome to O/C Forums

pete92
    Hangshai

<MEGA-O>
    ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 /i7 4790K De-Lid @ 4.7GHz
    16GB GSKILL Sniper F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR @ 2400MHz
    H2O=XSPC Rasa Black / XSPC RX360 / XSPC D5 Dual Bay Res V1
    Corsair Force GS SSD 128GB / WD VelociRaptor 300GB
    Gigabyte GV-R797OC-3GD WF3 @ 1100/1500 w/ModBios
    Sony AD-7220S DVDRW / Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD
    SilverStone Zeus SST-ZM1350 1350w
    CM Cosmos 1000 / Win8.1 x64
    ** Under TITLE II, SECTION 210.340 it is legal to overclock **

Forgot to say my greetings here as I am a new comer as well.

Hello to all of you! Hopefully, this forum would broaden my knowledge about computers on what's hot and what's not.

Greetings all. Just joined to do some reading on overclocking. I never gave OC much thought before, but I was talking to a friend and laid out my gaming rig specs. It had a Core i7 950 spec'd out at like $560 and he recommended I research getting a 920 instead and OC. I was amazed to see people getting 4 ghz on air! That blows away the several hundred dollar more expensive 950 hehe. Soo, here I am, reading till my eyes water lol.

My rig (at least, my spec. Going to Philly tomorrow to preview Nvidia's stereoscopic 3D before I pull the trigger on it):
    Asus P6T Deluxe V2
    Core i7 920 retail
    Thermalright Ultra 120 True Black cooler
    2 Thermalright 1300rpm 120mm fans for the cooler
    Corsair 6GB DDR3 1600 kit TR3X6G1600C8
    EVGA Geforce GTX 285 1GB video card
    G.Skill Falcon 128GB SSD
    Thermaltake Shark case
    Plextor 22x DVD burner
    Enermax EVO 1250W PSU
    NEC 3.5" drive (yea, I actually still use floppies lol)
    Nvidia stereoscopic 3D glasses
    Samsung SyncMaster 22" 120hz LCD
    Customizer 104/105 keyboard (a modern Type-M)
    Logitech SBF-90 mouse (cheap but I love the shape)
    Sabrent memory card reader

As for non-OC rig related data; I'm a 34 year old guy, work in IT, drive an old 88 Accord and a 94 Bronco, like riding motorcycles, have a full height Dell server rack in my garage for my servers (firewall box, webserver, infrastructure, 14tb fileserver, MySQL sql server) and live in Pennsylvania.

Nice to meet ya'll

Hi, I'm an enthusiast with a passion for ultra stable systems that I can hammer the holy freak out of for the next few years without worrying

My record is a test build for WinXP32 (P4 2.8 + Asus at stock) that I could run god knows how much on simultaneously (usb router, movies, vmware, hundreds of simultaneous browser tabs, skype, LAN file server, P2P, background processes, simulations for work, younameit...) and it just refused to crash. I eventually powered it down manually after 90 days non-stop 24/7 use in the front line. I figured I should have updated it for security a month or two back, but you know how it gets you... when its been running a while you've got to know how long it can keep going! It's kinda redefined my idea of what I want from a "stable" machine. I don't think I'll see that kind of record unless I eventually migrate to Linux

I just joined today (my joining post) because my current system's unstable (Q6600 + Abit IP35 Pro XE) even at stock, and some things suggest heating+mobo, other symptoms suggest PSU, and overall it's a case of godknowswhat and it's a good time to discuss before moving to OC it There's probably more than one thing that's needing fixing first Good job if you can figure out from the description and tests to date what's up!

Once I get it stable, then I turn it up a bit And maybe, move to i7 in a while

Nice to meet you all!
    Last edited by Cryptic Fox; 06-21-09 at 04:59 PM.

Moderator #666
    10 Year Badge

To Honor Those who went before their time.
    God Bless them all
    Fight the Fight worth Fighting
    FOLD for Team 32
    IS THERE A CURE AMONG US?

Black Belt Overclocker MyHeatware under WarriorII

new here

Just Another Retired Moderator Jon's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    I've always sort of overlooked this thread until today. I wondered why this Mat guy was so popular as to generate a 5-page welcome thread.

Now I realize I've been here much too long.

Welcome newbies!

Author Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've always sort of overlooked this thread until today. I wondered why this Mat guy was so popular as to generate a 5-page welcome thread.

Now I realize I've been here much too long.

Welcome newbies!
    hahaha, i saw the title and last poster: Jon, I think to myself (wtf? he's a mod isn't he?)
    Primary
    3570k @4.6 turbo, P8Z77-V PRO ,
    6970 , Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1600
    Vertex 4 120GB, 1x 250GB Seagate
    LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B
    HX 850W , NZXT Switch 810

My OLD WC Project Log
    My Heat

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy jiggler View Post
    new here
    hi. get ready to be wrong a lot! LOL.

This is by far the best forum on the net. People are real nice and wont smoke you.
    GIGABYTE P35-DS3L PENCIL VOLT MOD FOUND HERE!
    Mobo:ASROCK Z77 Extreme4
    Ram: Gskill 2133
    CPU:3570K @ 3.6 Load 1.224V
    Video: Diamond 7970 White box
    PSU: Antec quattro 850
    Storage: 2 velociraptor 150 raid 0, 2 WD 640 RAID 0, Deskstar HDS721010CLA332 back up.
    Water Cooling: Dtec on CPU, 120X3 push pull system
    23782 3dmark 06
    P4542 3DMarks 11
    My Heat

Hello, I am new here, as I have recently became interested in building a custom PC. I hope to find browsing these forums an enjoyable experience.

EDIT: I hope you help me on the subject of computer hardware(and software) as speedsolving.com taught me about rubik's cubes.
    This sentence is not true.

† SU(3) Moderator †
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    Welcome to the forums!
    Motherboard Repair Tutorial || Power Supply Repair Tutorial || A Closer Look at PSU Signals ||
    Understanding SMPS Technology
    || ASUS P5K Capacitor mod || Kernel Compile Guide || Guide to Wiping an SSD

Build in progress
    ASUS Maximus Hero || i5-4670K || Crucial M500-480Gb || Antec HCP-850M || ASUS GTX 750Ti || Carbide 300R || Coolermaster Glacer 240L

Thanks for the warm welcome OnDborder!

Heatware Profile
    Discovered this forum by chance on a Google search . This forum has already helped me greatly in understanding OC'ing and various other things, and gave me a few laughs already, i hope to be here for awhile

Hi all,

As you can probably realise I'm new to this forum so would like to welcome myself.

My name is Steve Wade and I'm currently about to start my final year at university in the UK.

I have managed to built my own PC and am now looking at building my own server to make me truely remote

† SU(3) Moderator †
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    Welcome Wadey!
    Motherboard Repair Tutorial || Power Supply Repair Tutorial || A Closer Look at PSU Signals ||
    Understanding SMPS Technology
    || ASUS P5K Capacitor mod || Kernel Compile Guide || Guide to Wiping an SSD

Build in progress
    ASUS Maximus Hero || i5-4670K || Crucial M500-480Gb || Antec HCP-850M || ASUS GTX 750Ti || Carbide 300R || Coolermaster Glacer 240L

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Welcome to OCF WadeyBoi!

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

yay im new!!!

thanks to the WC crew for all the help!
    My project is done
    http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=47

CPU:Core2Quadq6600@1.3 volts @ 3.2 GHZ
    GPU:GTX275 stock 9kmarks now@ 16K marks 3D06
    Ram:4GB(2x4GB)400mhzDDR2 M>
    PSU: Decathlon 850
    Mobo:ASUS P5N-D---LCD:W2753V---Case: TJ07

Hey all im newwwww and ive been reading info on this site for a while now and finally did my first Oc, got my asus p5n32-e sli to 445mhz fsb and my e8500 up to 4.23, and I think i still have rooom!
    Antec Nine Hundred Two
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    Intel i5-3570k
    Phanteks PH-TC14PE
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
    Corsair TX750W PSU
    Seagate 750GB HD
    160GB WD Raptor HD
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Low Pro RAM

Page 11 of 198 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast