• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi I am new to OCF! 42 years young and into electronics and IT (hard- and software). Doing all kind of projects!! Living in the Netherlands and hope I can also contribute.

Thanks!
Ben

Hi. This is a reintroduction as I used to be a member here many years ago. I just picked up a new project, a Probook 6570b that I have turned into a hackbook. Now I am trying to max out the hardware. That's where you guys come in!:clap:

Hello, this my first post, not totally into computers like I used to be. My first being a 486DX266 with 16MB of RAM, 250MB HD and a 17" monitor.
Built several between my current CAD machine my need to update to a SSD boot drive machine now. Soo.... I was hoping to receive some guidance toward that end.

Welcome ACAD DAD!

I am a CAD user myself. Started into computers around the same time as well. There's a ton of info in the storage section that will help you with SSD's. If you don't find what you're looking for just start a thread in there. Also be sure to check out some of our reviews on SSD's. We've had some pretty nice ones recently.

Thanks for lettin this ol' guy in.

I've a built few systems in the past but this time the acronyms and terminology is very foreign to me.
RAID, heard of it, SSD as a boot drive, now something to replace my WD HD, data transfer rates?

I need lot of advise and possibly some redirection because of the number of changes that I don't understand.

All in good time, thanks in advance the help.

Ron aka Acad-Dad

Hi everyone!

Glad to join your community here! I'm kinda to new to OC so I look forward to learn useful info on the matter :)

Just thought I'd say Hi!

Used to help out on a few Windows 7 forums a few years back with blue screen advice which I gave up on with the arrival of Windows 8/8.1/real life/work commitments.

At the time I had a no name PC build that I upgraded over time as much as the ASRock MoBo and Intel CoreDuo would allow.

Still running Win 7 but just recently built from scratch my own Asus/Intel based custom PC and I'm experimenting(?) with these new fangled SSD drives. Therein lies my problem that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with, namely my brand new Samsung 960 EVO M.2 system drive is roughly 25% slower booting to desktop than my 2 month old Samsung 850 EVO (previous) system SSD drive. Though it's a hell of a lot faster with everything else!!

I will of course ask the questions I need to ask in hopefully the right (sub)forum but until then this is just to say "Howdy Peeps"!!

Elmer BeFuddled

Do not know what took me so long to find this and actually post something :)

Been on tech forums since the early 2000's and am a retired mod from another tech forum, but this place looks kinda nice.

Anyhow HI !!!! :)

Scoob

Hello everybody.
I am from Italy and know almost nothing about overclocking but I intend to learn, at least the basics.
Thanks for accepting me

Back