• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello

New Member saying Hi.

My main goals are:

1] Figure out if I need to scrap "Ol' Betty" in favor of a "newer" rig.
2] Learn about O/C.
3] Get help with technical details of O/C my specific rig(s).
4] Learn.

Lothyr (Simon)

on the scrap.....

New Member saying Hi.

My main goals are:

1] Figure out if I need to scrap "Ol' Betty" in favor of a "newer" rig.
2] Learn about O/C.
3] Get help with technical details of O/C my specific rig(s).
4] Learn.

Lothyr (Simon)

How old is "ol betty" ?? my "OLD OLD Girl" still does it for me sittin beside my big screen running XBMC ........... perfect as an HTPC. Anybody else have a thought on this?

Been watchin these threads for a while now an thought I'd join now that I need to move on from my rather dull and slow Intel Pentium 1.5GHz PC and now that I'm getting into my first Gaming build.

So hello from New Zealand :)
Daffyducknz

Last edited:
Wow... where to start.. To call me a noob at PC building/customizing does absolutely no justice to all the noobs out there. I mean yeah, maybe they ask a lot of questions, and some may even want to be spoon-fed answers, but let's not INSULT them. But yeah, so I used to be really into PC games and to a certain extent still am (albeit slightly.) As of recently however, I have taken a great interest in the computer itself. My knowledge on the topic however, borders infinitely close to zero. But hey, that's why I'm here. Frequent google searches have taken me here time and time again to answer simple questions, and I recently just found myself reading threads unrelated to my problem at hand. I guess I just really got interested. I'm here to learn and observe more than to ask questions, but as time passes I'll probably become more vocal (for lack of a better term.) This site is like a gold mine of information, and the amount of things that have been tried/completed/failed/photographed/discussed is unbelievable. I can only hope to one day have a shred of expertise as so many in this community. But now you know at least one thing about me. I am detailed and long-winded. *moves in for the handshake*

Just built new desktop and am working to get all the bugs out. Mobo is Biostar A75MH, RAM G.Skill Sniper 2 x 4GB, Cpu AMD A63670K, HD Intel 20 series 120 GB SSD. Am happy to associate with people far smarter than myself. Thanks for allowing me to join.

HELLOWS FROM MADEIRA! :D

Absolute first post here, figured this would be a good place to start ...

Newbie in the OC world, I now I'm in good hands here, after reading quite a few posts and tuts!!!

Cheersss!

Hey everybody, just a new guy around here... Well, at least for signing up. I've been building computers for 20 years and have done a fair amount of overclocking in my time, but I'm just a practical user; not somebody that really cares about benching just for the sake of benching. I have also lurked these forums at various times over several years. Hope I can impart some knowledge to others, as well as learn. Great community here with a breadth of knowledge, and I'm thankful that there are other people out there willing to put the work into testing OCs that I just don't have the time for :)

Hello all. I just recently finished my first ever complete PC build. Details are in my sig. A guy in my gaming community recommended me to come here after I stated an interest in overclocking. I have spent so much time looking through these forums that it is unbelievable. So much information and so much to learn!

My first build was practically unassisted and i knew nothing about building a rig. It wasnt until after i had it built that i found this great fountain of knowledge. After some direction from a couple OCF guys, i got on the right track and was able to finish. So Build v1.2 is completed. Now on to build 2.0!

I've made a few threads in the forums already and I intend to stick around. I'm currently trying to make a list of parts and things needed for my Windows 8 build!

Thanks for such a great place guys!

Hey guys, i just joined i was looking for some advice with building and overclocking my first computer! :D
I have already gotten some really useful advice and every one i have seem so far around here seems nice and professional, unlike some other forums i could mention

Last edited:
Back