• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:clap: Hello people, I join this great forum to enter the world of overclocking.

my pc

AMD FX-8120
ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA
16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2X8
CASE ANTEC ELEVENHUNDRED V2
AMD HD 6870
PS ANTEC 650W Earthwatts green 80plus

This is my humble pc here in Argentina is difficult to get hardware.

Very nice set-up Chiru81. Welcome to Overclockers. I hope you have a good aftermarket cooler for that FX8120. They get pretty warm.

I have a hyper 212 plus, I think it is enough. in a couple of weeks I'll change my old 6870 by R9 290 tri-x. or R9 280x toxic. actually I have doubt which to choose

Hello all. It has been over a decade since I last built a PC, but I am finally getting back into it again. I have been lurking for a little while, and decided to finally join up. Seems like this place is full of nice, knowledgeable, and helpful people here. I look forward to learning more.

John

Hi my first time ever building a pc. It started with my 14 year old son asking me to built him a good computer for Graphics design and of course gaming. We went to frys to get started. Just planning to get a mother board but we both got excited and bought everything needed to start boot the pc. I will post all the parts and hopefully the salesman gave us stuff we won't regret. the Mother Board is a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 and CPU an Intel i7 4790k. The rest I have to see the boxes no media card yet. I have 30 days to return/replace. I'm just as excited as the Kid. We had problem also with the wireless network it won't connect to wifi. I think we need to connect it with a ether net cable first ( which I have to get this morning). Sorry for the long intro and thanks in advance....

Charles

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here & new to overclocking. I've built several rigs for different purposes, but I still have a lot to learn. The first rig I built, I ended up spending more on unnecessary parts than I should have; lesson learned. I plan to read around here a bit and learn from you guys as much as possible.

Rig #1
i7-3930k
Corsair H100
Rampage IV Extreme
16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
GTX 670 FTW
Corsair SilentPro 1200w (overkill)

image2_zpsp19n8q87.jpg
Looking back on this rig I think I would have opted for a cheaper MOBO and put more money into the GPU. I'd have also opted for an i5-4790k over the i7-3930k since it is/was a lot cheaper. I'm looking into overclocking my 3930k & GPU if possible; I've heard the FTW GPU doesn't have a lot of room for OC so I'll be reading about it a bit more.

Rig #2 (wife's pc)
i5-4790k
Hyper 212 EVO (no OC planned for this rig)
Z97 Mobo
8GB HyperX
Sapphire R9 290x
Corsair CX750M 750w

image1_zpscvpjxoni.jpg
My wife is a gamer and needed a proper rig; before this she had been gaming on a Mac laptop.... After I move, I plan to do some custom water cooling on my rig and I'll pass the H100 down onto her rig.

Thanks for having me

Last edited:
New guy here. I recently built my first rig on my own, its still a work in progress, upgrading some stuff as money allows. I joined on here to get a better understanding on how everything works together and if i have a solid system. I will post a build thread I guess with more specs so i can get everyones feedback.

Welcome to ocf Alienwares! :welcome:

You'll find we're a pretty cool crowd. Post up your build log along with any questions....am sure folks will have a few opinions hehe

Back