• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi all!

My name is Mike. Not so new to building PC's but new to overclocking and tweaking. I've been lurking for a while and finally made the plunge. Hope to learn a lot more!

Hello, I have been reading the forum for a few years now and just now became a member. Lots of useful and helpful info here. you guys have gotten me out of a jam or two so thank you!

hi all.

new here today, my names Jason I'm 28, hobbies include my kids, motorbikes and ofcourse my pc and gaming in general.

my pc is as follows:

intel i7 6700k, nzxt kraken x41 cooler.
msi gtx 1080.
16gb hyperx fury ram.
two ssd's, 240gb boot drive and 480gb hyperx savage.
1tb hdd.

anyway, had my first pop at overclocking this morning, my knowledge of overclocking is extremely limited so kept it real basic, currently its at 4.4ghz at 1.265v and all seems ok nice and stable with a steady 52-53 degrees under 100% load, I'm sure it can be pushed harder however I would like to keep the life of the cpu up as much as possible.

look forward to any feedback, if theres an ideal thread to post this other than here feel free to point me in that direction, thanks guys.

:welcome: Jason

Keep the heat under control / don't get carried away with voltage and the life of the processor will be a non-issue.

Overclock onward :thup:

Thanks for the welcomes people! :D

May as well put my system up here
Sapphire RX 480 Nitro 4GB @1400mhz (+24mV)
[email protected]
GB Z77X-D3H
D14
Corsair LP 1600mhz
Antec HCG-M 620
Coolermaster HAF XM
Intel 330 240GB SSD
7TB in various drives.

Back