• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:welcome: Bushwacker

I use different programs depending on what gpu I'm working with. My go to program for AMD is afterburner, for nvidia cards I prefer EVGA precisionx. Depending on the card you can get different results with different programs or even different versions of the same program so it will probably take some experimentation depending on what your goals are.

Salutations

Hi All,
My name is SCorliss and I am new here.
I am an avid gamer, software developer and noob overclocker....but I am hoping to change the last one there with your help.
Cheers,
Scorliss

Last edited:
I am new here but experienced in computer literacy. I wanted to say hi and I have info I want to post for others with hooking up the asus sabertooth FX990 mobo and are having problems with the cpu light.

I am new here but experienced in computer literacy. I wanted to say hi and I have info I want to post for others with hooking up the asus sabertooth FX990 mobo and are having problems with the cpu light.

Yes, we have seen you post the same exact thing over and over and over in threads that have been dead as a door nail for three year or more.

Hello everyone. Just joined. I've always worked on and built computers since I can remember. Just recently I built my pride and joy, The Mistress. This computer is my first GOOD computer lol I've only ever had dual or hell, even a TRI core at one point lol. I have many plans for The Mistress as it was a COMPLETE budget build. I spent about $500CAD total. SO, here it is...
Case: DeepCool Tesseract SW White
Mobo: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320e (OC @ 3.5ghz)
GPU: Radeon R7 260x 2gb
PSU: Golden Field 650W
RAM: 4 x 2gb Kingston HyperX Genesis 1866mhz
Cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 PRO 2.0, 6 Corsair Air Series AF120 Purple LED
HDD: Kingston SSD 120gb, Samsung 1TB 3.5", Seagate Backup Plus 1TB
Monitor: HP 25cw IPS

The Mistress is a complete white case with black in the front and purple LED accents. Sooner or later I'll be buying a H80i GT and a new AMD GPU.
Hope to get to know some of you guys better and see how everyone is doing with their AMD FX 8cores.

Hey Guys,

Just joined, i used to always search through my brothers account, but have decided to get involved with my own account
Don't know a lot about computers, but i guess that's why i am here

Thanks!

Hey everyone, with the summer coming up, i decided to build my very first computer on a budget, and what build i wanted to go by is with the following parts:

CPU - Xeon X5650
CPU COOLER: hyper 212 evo
GPU - HD 7970
PSU - EVGA 600/700w (please advice which i should use)
Motherboard - if im lucky to get a P6X58D-E or P6TD DELUXE - GA-X58A-UD3R(IF IM REALLY DESPERATE, AS THE PRICES ARE SUPER HIGH)
RAM - 8B DDR3
HDD 1TB

So, what im really asking for is, is there any guides i can follow step by step because i know nothing about how to overclock (im just informed of what it is),
so anyone with the same setup could help me or guide me through BIOS in which i know nothing about.
please dont be too harsh on me :p

:welcome: lagman04

You should start by searching/reading the Intel-CPUs or Intel-Motherboards sections of the forums, then goes from there...

If after reading through that section you still have some questions feel free to start a thread in the appropriate section of the forum.

GL :thup:

Hi guy. My name is Andrey and I've beein in to building computers and overclocking for over 15 years since pentium 2 days :) Looks like forum has a lot of good info i could use

Hi All. Been a visitor to Overclockers for a long time but never joined.

Just a quick intro - been involved in computers since the very early days of computing. Saw in the IBM AT/XT and Vanilla PC's such a long time ago.
Always messed with SW and HW and built many PCs from scratch. Now I'm feebler I find redundant HW resusitate it and run it mostly for fun. My family have always benefitted from the number of PCs and laptops in my home - mouse in hand as soon as they could move it!! Run a 5 PC network at home (wired) with at least 5 more laptops floating around.
My recent aquisition is a HP Proliant ML370 G5 tower server, having great fun with that. Running it as a workstation and a Media Server and streaming our favourite TV series and films (always get them before anyone else in my area so we're all ahead of the game), Looking at helping my son stream his XBox One games as he's an avid competitive gamer.
If I can help anyone out there with an unusual problem you're most welcome to ask.

Back