• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700+ or?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My Opty 170 came and I have 2 questions #1 I bought it from NewEgg the ad says Denmark Core The CPUz Is saying Toledo?? Any Idea's

#2 Some one told me that I can Program to make games only run on a chosen core and the other for your services etc....is this true? if so Where do I do this from?

lmao oh yeh i was looking at them when i opened the box then i was in such a hurry i forgot to write them down:cry: all I remember on it was CBIE.... and in Everest it says stepping JH-E6

RJ said:
My Opty 170 came and I have 2 questions #1 I bought it from NewEgg the ad says Denmark Core The CPUz Is saying Toledo?? Any Idea's

#2 Some one told me that I can Program to make games only run on a chosen core and the other for your services etc....is this true? if so Where do I do this from?
Update CPU-Z I had an old version and it didn't detect my 165 correctly.

Well I went threw all the O/C'ing stuff I can boot into windows with 3 gig and run apps but p95 a no go errors out after a few passes....Im at 1.61 on the v core and my temps are awful 49-50 water cooled I dunno wth wrong there....so right now Im running at 2950mhz and stable w/1.42v at the core..... and 36-37 as I type Im still concerned about that temp though my system never ran that hot before even with the old t birds and their voltage....

I loaded Speedfan and the and the temp reads 28*idle 37* load on both cores more of what the 3700plus was... why would MBM5 show 45*idle and 54*load and Everest the same thing...Is there a sensor issue with the Dual cores??

IHS thats the heat spreader on the cpu because i know my W/B is flat...and what if its not do I lap it?? OBTW I have my steppings now Ill post later when I get home for the person who asked earlier...

Last edited:
Lap the IHS or just pop it off since you have a Storm that could be anoption if you are brave. Given that it is a Storm it is more than likely flat. :D

I don't think he's having heat issues. Just that different programs are showing different temps. You could get Core Temp to show... the core temp :), since that's the temp that matters. As long as thats below 57 I'd call it good.

I didn't see he was on water at time of posting. Core Temp has been proven to be the best way to measure A64 temps.

Frozenwings said:
I don't think he's having heat issues. Just that different programs are showing different temps. You could get Core Temp to show... the core temp :), since that's the temp that matters. As long as thats below 57 I'd call it good.
Core Temp is this another program because speed fan has a core temp in it....but even if 54-56 is acturate its doesnt make sense to me why they are so hi all of a sudden with a dual core on water.....I even reset the W/B twice I may just go for the removal of the spreader but with that added piece missing how do i make up the difference with the spacers and bracket thats used now with the Storm WB?

Just remove the spacers and the retention bracket all together and bolt it down without them. Personally I would get some shorter screws and get rid of the springs also so I can get percision pressure but this can be an easy way to crush your core so take that for what it is worth.

LMAO wow I loaded CoreTemp lol now it reads 40* core 0 idle and core 1 29* idle well......I guess that may be a IHS issue maybe??

Stepping CCB1E 0609FPMW/FPAW is one of the top overclockers. Your IHS is probably off, or your heatsink could be. Try reseating it and see if that helps.

Well I took the cpu out again and started lapping the IHS which was concaved....well after 3 hours from 400 to 2000 grit to a mirror polish I fired it up and didnt make any diference at all Im using Core Temp and Idle its Core#0 38* and core #1 31* then when I load it core 0 55* and core 1 64* :bang head :bang head :bang head

Back