• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what weould you do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darufe

seems my e6600 needs way too much voltage to get any decent clocks (1.6v+ for 3.6 1.55 for 3.4)

im thinking i should sell this locally or something and gfet either another 6600 or a 6400
altho my ram cant seem to do any more then ddr 850 in memtest so i dont think a 6400 would be a great idea..i would be limited to 425*8 3.4ghz
altho that isnt a bad number at all id much rather be hitting 425*9 (even tho that is rather unlikely lol)

suggestions?

if another 1-300 mhz is worth the cost you would incur by selling/buying new, then go for it. no oc is a given, and your new cpu still might not give you the clocks you want. 3.4ghz is still pretty solid.

What if the other one youg et is a dud too? eh?.. you keep losing money.. id say stick with what you have.. unless if your machine is just a show PC.. other wise the OC isnt really worth all that much..

hUMANbEATbOX said:
if another 1-300 mhz is worth the cost you would incur by selling/buying new, then go for it. no oc is a given, and your new cpu still might not give you the clocks you want. 3.4ghz is still pretty solid.

3.4 id be happy with...for decent everyday temps i think im gonna have to stick with 3.0-3.1 wich is pretty lame....most people i see with 6400s do better then that!!!

guess im just an unlucky sob :\

what are your temps like at 3.4ghz, 1.55v?

i'm around 63c under orthos at 3.5ghz, 1.5v set in bios.

Back