• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC/Partial Rig Revamp.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCnewbee

So about a month ago i decided to truly go WC for reals. I bought the followong.

New:
Mobo: Asus A8N32sli-deluxe
Pump: Swiftech MCP655
Rad: Thermochill PA120.2
Res: Swiftech MCRES-Micro
Tube: Tygon 1/2" id 5/8"od (super flimsy WOW!):drool:
Clamps: Stainless Steel Shielded
GPU Block: DD-GX2
CPU Block: Swiftech Storm
Fillport: DD Derlin Fillport
Smart coils uv Blue
Compunurse Thermometers Backlit Blue (2)
UV Blue Cable Sleeve
UV Red Heat Shrink

Old:
Mobo: Asus A8Nsli-deluxe
Thermaltake Armor LCS
Aqua Bay M1
T-type temp meter
(Keeping the TT Armor Case just ditching the WC part)

Got part of the setup intoday.

Here are pics of the current setup that is getting changed.

I am doing just about the same revamp as you. But I am moving out of my current case (Armor Jr.) into a U2-UFO. I wish I would have gone with a regular sized Armor for the room.

I also have the same pump and rad coming in tomorrow...but the damn case isnt due until 1/3/07 :/.

Well good look on your revamp. Keep posting updates, for I am curious to see the progress.

Damn, Got home yesterday to find another note from the usps saying thet attempted to deliver the package and that it is now at the post office. Won't be able to get it untill wed now. FU$* SH*& MotherBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! O well guess i will just have to wait till next year to revamp.

Have a happy and save new year.:beer:

QuietIce said:
Ditto ...! :beer:

Word okay so we are into the new year woot woot!!! So yesterday i get home on my lunch break to find a notice on my door that the USPS attempted to deliver a package around 12 noonish. So i head on over to the postoffice only to find and remember that they will be closed for pres Ford. WTF???? So i head on over there this morning right when they opened. Big Mistake LONG LINE!. But least to say weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i got the second part of my revamp. WOOT! Check it out.

Thermochill PA 120.2
Swiftech Storm
Switchet MCP655
Swiftech Res w/ threaded top for barb for fill port.
DD DGX2 vga block
PC ICE
625 Smart Coils

And all the fittings to go with it all.

SWEET!:attn:

So i already got started on it this past weekend. Check out the begining of a major overhual.

The on/off switch for the UV Lights.

Whoot. Awesome stuff man.

Funny thing, UPS dropped my new case off with my neighbor...who went on vaction until Friday...lol.

Got some little stuff done. It is always the little things that take the longest do to. But i also noticed that i never received the adjustable brackets for the res. WTF! It says that from 9/1/06 the brackets are included. Damn i knew something would go wrong. O well.

This rad is BEEF!!!!! Holly cow:drool:

But for my loop i should go the pump -> CPU -> GPU -> Rad -> Res -> Pump. Or could I go Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Rad -> Res -> Pump. I think the first one is the best and most ideal. Or does it really matter?

It doesn't matter a whole lot except for length of tubing. If you get a choice then put the CPU first. Personally, I prefer the Storm to be right after the pump ...

QuietIce said:
It doesn't matter a whole lot except for length of tubing. If you get a choice then put the CPU first. Personally, I prefer the Storm to be right after the pump ...

agreed. that storm is quite restrictive. i'd put it in front of your GPU's atleast though.

I've been told by several people (who should know) that block order really doesn't matter. I have would have to add the word "theoretically" to that statement. It seems that water and air flow are very similar in their behavior, yet experimental evidence suggests fan pull configurations work better than push configurations on a radiator - "theoretically" that shouldn't matter either. ;)

My perspective on the Storm is the same as my outlook on cars. The designer tested and optimized the system using these components in this manner, therefore, using the same components in the same manner as the designer will yield optimal results. Newer technology (i.e., a better pump) may yield better results but you get the idea ...

Last edited:
My 7950 GX2 currently idels at 65 and 74 under fully load. So im wondering if i hit that first if the water coming out of it would effect the CPU temp drop or not? Im going to hit the cpu first though just to play it safe.

Sweet got all the rest of the stuff, now i need to find some time to do the switch. Had to send back one of the cpunurse's bunk display then had to wait for performance pc to send me the hardware kit for the res. Did you know that if you ourchase the regular swiftech microres without the g1/4 top you get the hardware kit. But if you purchase the res with the g1/4 thread top they dont send you the hardware kit, cause the make the top piece there so thats there reason. WTF?????????????? So i got them to send me one anyways. Time to play.:)

Ok some pics:

The other random stuff i was waiting for.

Re-Sleeving is a bleep!!!!

Ok, this if fir the UV Lights switch is mounted on the front of the case.

And the is the hardware kit i was waiting for as well. Got the G1/4 treaded top for the micro res do i can plumb the fill port into the res. I love it.

Also re-sleeved the sata power cable but needed it back in to post these pics. Need to put the uv 6pin plug still on the sata and pci-x cables.

Took me forever to re-sleve these things. Man thank god i did them now instead of the the day i install everything.

QuietIce said:
Does the sleeving involve shrink wrapping or ...?

I got the uv blue sleeving and the the red strips on the ends are uv heat shrink, thats it nothing more. but my dumb a** didn't get the tool to remove the pins from the 6 pin pci-x plugs and the 24 pin, so today i have to take the psu and all the other cable to work and cut the clip one pin at a time and transfer them that way. Last night i had to cut them with a small pair of wire clippers. Pain in the butt. Will post those pics today from work. TGIF :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Back