• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone ever used any of these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

I'm re-doing my water loop due to getting a Vapochill XE2 and I am only planning to water cool the GPU, the X1900XT in my sig. Has anyone ever used one of these little guys to cool a GPU? And are they effective?
http://www.svc.com/dhwlm.html

Space is a limitiation, so I will have to use an 80cm rad or a really slim 120mm one.

I've Never used that small of a radiator. For just the GPU with 1/2" tubing and a good block it will probably do fine. I would look around for good high performance 80mm fans that have good CFM along with being fairly quiet.
throw a shroud on it to that will help the noise and performance.
panaflo has some very good 80mm fans.

if you have the room for a 120mm rad, i'd go that route. The more surface area you have incident to the flow of air over your radiator, the more effective it will be at transferring heat. Not to mention that when you upgrade your GPU, you will likely need more than a tiny 8cm rad.

it'll handle that vid card, but a dx10, i doubt it. find space for a 120mm. or you can hang one off the back.

2x80mm = worse than 1x120mm. So...and that is 1x80mm...just givin ya an idea.

Thanks for the info guys. I just have issues with space with this new case, the phase change unit basically takes up the top 1/3 of the space within the case so it leaves little room for anything else. I really wanted to be able to mount a 120mm rad and fan inside but right now it doesnt look like it will happen. I already found homes for the res and pump, but the rad with exhaust is the issue. As it is, I will still have to mod the case a bit just to make all this fit. :beer:

I also refuse to air cool this card again because my temps were just insane with air cooling. Around 95-100*C under load, on water I stay under 60*C. Thats a huge difference and it allows me to push this card a little. :beer:

Back