• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6300 @ 3Ghz @ 1.25v :]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anwar1337 said:
Right now it keeps restarting during CS:S so I dropped it to 400 x 7 @ 1.256v
and it still keeps restarting so i bumped the ram from 2.1 to 2.15, theres no 2.2 setting in this bios it jumps from 2.15 to 2.25. The northbridge is @ 1.45 right now, should I up that to 1.55 since my FSB is 1600? I have added a fan to the ram so its cool to the touch so should I make it 2.25v? It has restarted like 8 times in the past 30 minutes b/c I keep playing Source. HELP! :D

1) Download memtest and put it on a floppy/cd.
2) With active cooling feel free to go to 2.3 or greater.
3) Before you mess with anything, memtest it and if it passes 2 passes of memtest then you know your ram is good and its your CPU or something else, if it fails memtest, what are your timings? 4-4-4-10? 5-5-5-12? depending on your timings it might be time to change your timings or add more volts, but you shouldn't need more volts yet.

edit: Evilsizer beat me to it.

I couldn't find the timings before but I found it, they were @ 5-6-6-12, so I changed it to 5-5-5-18 and played lots of CS:S and it didn't restart, I'm going to run MEMTest tonight to see how it goes. Should I try to lower that 18? or are intels not as picky about timings like AMDs are.

I would try 5-5-5-12. Its optimal to run 2+1st setting +2nd setting...so 2+5+5=12.

Ebay :p i cant believe you got a decent chip from ebay :) i suppose theres a first for everything.
Good luck with it though, it appears to be running superb so far :beer: keep them results coming in.

Last edited:
Shelnutt2 said:
1) Download memtest and put it on a floppy/cd.
2) With active cooling feel free to go to 2.3 or greater.
3) Before you mess with anything, memtest it and if it passes 2 passes of memtest then you know your ram is good and its your CPU or something else, if it fails memtest, what are your timings? 4-4-4-10? 5-5-5-12? depending on your timings it might be time to change your timings or add more volts, but you shouldn't need more volts yet.

edit: Evilsizer beat me to it.
You would think, but I've had ram that passed memtest several times and after RMAing practically every part except for the RAM it still failed. I RMAd the RAM and when I got my new sticks all my problems were solved.

I have these pair of crucial ballistix pc-5300 with a gold heatsink I think, should I try that ram?

Nicely done. No doubt you can run that chip at a lower voltage, it is usually the RAM that gives up before the e6300 itself due to the mulitplier being pretty low. My e6300 runs at 1.174v in BIOS at 3.1ghz, so try adjusting the RAM timings if you're having trouble.

Back