• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my Opty 170, have a ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

Ok so I just got my opty and I am trying to find out what it stable at. I am running superpi but i noticed it is only running on one core. How do I make it run both cores? I tried to search but it didn't help, hope you guys can answer this.

fabulouscoops said:
I think you need to create another version of super_Pi in a new folder and run both instances at once.

Then you'd have to set the affinity for each instance to a seperate core.

You could also use Prime95 for stability testing. In which case you could get Sp2004 Orthos Prime

it automatically creates seperate threads for each core.

If you are just trying to bench it (find a 1M or 32M time) just run 1 instance. For stability testing I find its better to use Orthos. When I had 2 instances of SuperPi running I would get errors at settings that I know are stable.

The other thing I did (for a quick stability test) is to run the 4M test without affinity, then run it again with cpu 0 and once more with cpu 1. I know 4M doesn't mean much...but it helped me find the upper limit a lot faster then the 32M test or short Orthos runs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the orthos guys, that really worked. Sitting at 2.5 stable on stock voltage, I am pretty happy, dont know if I will try for more.

Also stepping is CCB1E, dont know how good that is.

Last edited:
This is the general chart that is accepted by.... most people?

Averaging >=2800
CCB1E 0550VPMW
CCB1E 0605XPMW
CCB1E 0608MPMW
CCB1E 0609FPMW/FPAW
CCBBE 0610DPMW (most consistent for 3GHz +)
CCBBE 0615DPMW/EPMW
CCBBE 0617FPMW
CCBWE 0602BPMW
Averaging 2600-2800
CCB1E 0606FPMW
CCB1E 0609FPBW
CCBWE 0530TPMW
CCBWE 0546XPMW/MPMW
CCBWE 0550UPMW/VPMW
Averaging <=2600
CCBWE 0534SPMW
CCBWE 0541RPMW
CCBWE 0543TPMW
CCBWE 0551UMPW/VPMW
CCBWE 0604TPMW
CCBWE 0607UPBW
CCBWE 0609FPAW

So according to your list, if your stepping is CCB1E 0550VPMW, CCB1E 0605XPMW, CCB1E 0608MPMW or CCB1E 0609FPMW/FPAW then you should have a good overclocker. If it's CCB1E 0606FPMW or CCB1E 0609FPBW then it should at least hit 2.6.

I am waiting for my Opty 165 myself. Should be here Thursday or Friday, I hope luck is on my side because a lot of the comments on the egg (where I bought it from) have had awesome reviews and awesome steppings lately.

AEsnowboarding said:
Thanks for the orthos guys, that really worked. Sitting at 2.5 stable on stock voltage, I am pretty happy, dont know if I will try for more.

You've got plenty left in that chip. What are your temps like?

AEsnowboarding said:

I would keep on pushing I would expect 2.7 to 2.8 out of that chip pretty easily on air.

Back