• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

''USB Beverage Cooler''

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
personally i put my drinks in the freezer for about 3/4 of an hour than transfer them to the fridge to keep cool. quickest way, i would say that if the usb beverege cooler weren't mega powerful the amount of heat transfered between the cold plate and the can or cup for example would be much less than is gained from the rest of the can being in the air ?

asusradeon said:
i would say that if the usb beverege cooler weren't mega powerful the amount of heat transfered between the cold plate and the can or cup for example would be much less than is gained from the rest of the can being in the air ?

If that were true it'd be heating up ;)

lol probably!!! but ima use that freezer trick when i can afford a mini fridge and microwave on my computer desk!!!

(hot pockets are the product of GOD)

Im doing what sempron is doing. Got a 50w peltier out of a mini fridge (fan died, heated up, and Im convinced the psu died, because now the lights dont even turn on) and slapping a heatsink on it. 50w is cold enough, in the fridge I had to chip a block of ice off the top about the size of half a bascketball or my drinks wouldnt fit. but ya, usb is what? 1/2 amp @ 5v? That cooler is probably designed to keep a drink at 19c with a 20c ambient temp.

The technology that does the job is the best technology. If it costs less than something else, then even better but at the end of the deal, getting the job done is what matters.

Will it chill a warm soda to cold?

The intended use of the USB Beverage Chiller is to keep a cold drink cold. Although it will chill a warm drink over time, it does a better job of keeping a cold drink cold to the last drop.

Want to get a warm beer cold faster than even a freezer can do the job? Simplicity in itself.

Put the beer in a bowl of ice. Spread a quarter cup of salt around on top of the ice. Stir with a wooden spoon. in 15 minutes you beer will be at least drinkable.

Of course there are too many variable to make this an exact science but it works in general. Or if you don't have the ice handy, you can do what campers have done ever since portable beer was invented. Put it in the nearest creek.

Did you buy a keg the day before your party? Put it in the shower an hour before the first guest shows up and you will be fine.

Low tech? Yes. Essentially free? Yes. Costs $40? No.

This is exactly why we need some proper well written relevant overclocking articles instead of drivel like this. A forum thread about a nifty USB gadget is fine, a tacky article is not.

I only wish I were in the position to write something overclocking related for the front page.

Hello again!

I'm surprised this thread is still going...
Anyways I just wanted to give an update on what I have done with my peltier setup. Ive got 2 peltiers now. The 80 watt that keeps my drinks cool(ish) and now I have built a second device to make ice cubes in. Why? Because I can make ice cubes way quicker with this than I ever could buy just putting an ice cube tray in the freezer. Also I have made a new (and much better) site for all my mods. right now the only one up there is the one you have already seen, but hope to have the new ice cube peltier mod thing up on there by the end of the day. Ive also built a forum into the site.

Comments?

http://semprongamerrules.110mb.com
its free hosting (no ads though) so it may be a little slow loading (seems to be really slow in the morning)

Sempron:)

this thread is so funny! usb beverage cooler is a big deal on your computer?:bang head

well. i post here cuz i want to ask if you can use that usb as cpu cooler?:beer:

killuazaoldyeck said:
well. i post here cuz i want to ask if you can use that usb as cpu cooler?:beer:
If your acutally serious, no you cant. The thing is probably 2w max, and you would want a 150w one fore a gpu, probably ~250w for the cpu.

ic.. just curious:bday:

using usb in your pc is a biggy? i dont think so, just let them do whatever they wanna do. or if they want, use the usb vibrator!!:bday: :bday:

I'll get up and go to the fridge, I could use the exercise. Show me a computer with a liquid cooling system that doubles as an Orange Soda fountain and I'll be impressed.

Back