• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Metal Slug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sleepy_Steve said:
Are you running anything else out of the case? Sound card, Capture card... etc?
Nope, this machine is just for games and folding.

In other news, if anyone wants to make their own fan louvers I've made printable template sheets and Alibre Xpress CAD files available for both 120mm and 80mm sizes.
http://www.captainslug.com/modding/fan-louvers.zip

Last edited:
WOW, two major projects at the same time with chronic, crippling health issues! Looking good so far, can't wait to see what it looks like when it starts coming together!!

Felt crappy all day sunday. I did manage to design a thingy.
0037.jpg
And get rid of the anti-clog feature on the pump impeller with super glue.
0038.jpg
Lots of stuff to do on Monday.

So many fans RIG RIDER. Hahaha.

I really do like the work slug. It looks fantastic so far, and it should all be contained nicely within that chassis.

Put the pump back together, trimmed the motherboard tray, machined the covers, added the plastic mesh, and test fitting it all inside the case.
0039.jpg
Now I'm working on the front, sides, and a support bracket for the video card.

Last edited:
Lost momentum during the second half of today. Stupid weather...
Finished the video card support bracket before quitting.
0040.jpg
I was originally going to use a card keeper, but since the video card installs in the first available slot that product wouldn't have provided any extra rigidity. My alternative is bolted directly onto the through-holes at the corners of the video card PCB.

very nice, may I recommend you paint the VGA holder thingy black? It'll match the whole case a lot better, and help disguise the card :)

0041.jpg
0042.jpg
natewildes said:
very nice, may I recommend you paint the VGA holder thingy black? It'll match the whole case a lot better, and help disguise the card :)
I plan to paint it grey.

Last edited:
Put together the double power cord for the power supply and pump relay.
0043.jpg
Also finished the bay cover. This will help keep all of the cabling on one side of the case.
0044.jpg
0045.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's looking fantastic to sar.

I'm quite suprised at how nice the whole idea is turning out, it does have that Metal Slug look to it.

Well, we all have our crappy days and ways of dealing with them. Mine was to bake a cake, because my poison is sugar (and lots of it).
0048.jpg
I'm going to hazard a guess that this is the first project log to include a matching themed cake...

Back