• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My dreamcast died :O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NsOmNiA91130

After unpacking all of my stuff (we recently got carpet), I hooked up my DC and, to my dismay, it doesn't really work. It boots and gets into the menu, but it seems almost as if the picture isn't interlacing correctly, and it runs at ~5FPS. I'm charging the battery right now (it should be finished in an hour). Has anyone seen this problem?

Hmm... Could be a faulty battery, not supplying enough juice. Just a guess, I didnt kno dreamcast had a battery either

Yep, but it's really not for much more than keeping time...

So, no one here has a dreamcast?

:eek:

In other news, Free Bird on GHII is way easier than I thought...

i've got a dreamcast hooked up to my tv right now. the only battery i KNOW is in it, is in the controller thingy.

if there is a battery in the console itself, how would you go about charging it? wouldn't it be like a big watch battery, same thing motherboards use? i think those are a one use type of thing..

i would start googling. there has to be someone out there who has gone thru the same problem...

If it's still acting up after it's charged... look for the restart jumper... wherever that is...
If you find that and press it and it still does not work, you'll have to pop it open and put in a new battery.

I have not owned a DreamCast for almost 2 years. :(

My DC has ran flawlessly since day 1, as have all my consoles, save for 3 PS1s and 2 PS2s...hmmm a pattern there?

Anyway, the DC does have an internal CMOS battery and the VMUs do have a battery as well, but neither would cause the problem you are having. My guess is that where it was packed away at, moisture got to it.

You can get one used on amazon for 40$. I'm sure you can find them cheaper than that, though.

Ive got 3 Dreamcasts you can get them great condition with games and controllers for £5.
Are you using the RF cable as they go dodgy? sometimes you can move the wires near the modulator as a quick fix to the propblem.

Back