Oblivion: The Shivering Isles expansion!!

A new expansion is coming for oblivion with over 30 hours of gameplay in a new area called the realm of madness. Will be out in a few months.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163775...ws%3btitle%3b0

That sounds pretty darn cool!
    PLEASE MOVE YOUR CLASSIFIED AD TO SOLD ONCE IT HAS COMPLETED (Click here to learn how)

2x HTPCs / 3x Desktops / 1x 10TB UnRAID Server

[--------------HEATWARE: jivetrky --------------|-------------- GAMING NICK: jivetrky--------------]

"With every upgrade I become less clever." -Socket eh?\(_o)/

Heatware Profile
    awesome i just got knights of nine so i cant wait for this sounds awesome!
    Corsair H80
    i5 4670K 4.5Ghz 1.26v
    Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-1600 1.50v
    Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H F10
    Evga GTX 770 4GB | SamSung Evo 120GB SSD
    Evga 850W G2 | Asus Xonar Essence STX
    Beyerdynamic DT-990 | Asus VG248QE 144Hz
    SteelSeries Rival | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate | Corsair 760T
    Windows 8.1 Update 1 64-Bit

Geez why in the world doesn't Bethesda work with land that is ALREADY THERE to work with!? Instead of creating more??

Why not make an expansion that opens up Valenwood, Elsweyr or Hammerfell or other neighboring provinces? Just make it so instead of getting that annoying "you have to turn around" message when you reach the edge of Cyrodiil, you just go into the next province.

I'll still get this expansion but I just thought it would be obvious that they'd open up new provinces for expansions rather than creating other ones out of thin air.

A magic portal in a statue?? Please, they can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
    Geez why in the world doesn't Bethesda work with land that is ALREADY THERE to work with!? Instead of creating more??

Why not make an expansion that opens up Valenwood, Elsweyr or Hammerfell or other neighboring provinces? Just make it so instead of getting that annoying "you have to turn around" message when you reach the edge of Cyrodiil, you just go into the next province.

I'll still get this expansion but I just thought it would be obvious that they'd open up new provinces for expansions rather than creating other ones out of thin air.

A magic portal in a statue?? Please, they can do better than that.
    I agree with you 100%. It would be awesome if they were to make a Morrowind expansion as well. I'd love to see Morrowind with the Oblivion engine! However, any effort to make this ridiculously short game (in comparison to Morrowind) longer is welcome!

Well will Bethesda be able to redeem themselves with this, since Oblivion turned out to be such a coding mess, and still plaques people.

We'll see.

Heatware Profile
    Looks interesting. I'll definitely play through it, though I enjoyed Morrowind more than Oblivion. I know it'll never happen, but seeing it recreated would be bliss.
    Desktop: Intel i5-3570k - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Samsung DDR3-1600 8GB - Intel 520 240GB SSD - Sapphire HD 7870 Tahiti 2GB - Seasonic X650 Gold

I know there's no grand plan here. This is just the way it goes.
    Heatware

Senior Member that
    wants to Be Banned
    Premium Member #16

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Folding Profile Rosetta Profile
    They were trying to create something new and different without getting too far away from what folks liked. It will be like being under the sky that the oblivion gates had red and dreary.

Thats just what I read anyway.
    #1Win72600k@4.5GHZ(Hyper212+)Msi P67 G65 16GB RAM evga560Ti
    Phones:One+64GB(Love it), Nexus 5(Love It) N4,N7, iphone 5, iphone 6(4.7")
    Folded for Tim and his wife, Mark and his wife,Pete_Scout Oldskool and Adak..."He was the Best of us".
    The first 4 months you cover your phone and baby it...
    The next 4 months you go commando and relax...
    The last 4 months you treat it like a rented mule, because lets face it its time for a new phone...

I would like better snow/rain, more in-depth fighting, more monsters, boats that are used by the npcs and sail (PIRATES!), birds (planes?), everything that FastRedPonyCar mentioned... think that covers it.

Registered
    Oh hey

Morrowind for the Oblivion engine:

http://www.mo4tes4.4t.com/

I retract my previous comment.

Apparnetly there is quite a bit more to the world of the elderscrolls than I knew about... geez I wonder which islands it will be?

http://til.gamingsource.net/maps/min...dslore31gv.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by []V[]rs[]V[]ith
    Oh hey

Morrowind for the Oblivion engine:

http://www.mo4tes4.4t.com/
    About time!