• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oblivion: The Shivering Isles expansion!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Geez why in the world doesn't Bethesda work with land that is ALREADY THERE to work with!? Instead of creating more??

Why not make an expansion that opens up Valenwood, Elsweyr or Hammerfell or other neighboring provinces? Just make it so instead of getting that annoying "you have to turn around" message when you reach the edge of Cyrodiil, you just go into the next province.

I'll still get this expansion but I just thought it would be obvious that they'd open up new provinces for expansions rather than creating other ones out of thin air.

A magic portal in a statue?? Please, they can do better than that.

FastRedPonyCar said:
Geez why in the world doesn't Bethesda work with land that is ALREADY THERE to work with!? Instead of creating more??

Why not make an expansion that opens up Valenwood, Elsweyr or Hammerfell or other neighboring provinces? Just make it so instead of getting that annoying "you have to turn around" message when you reach the edge of Cyrodiil, you just go into the next province.

I'll still get this expansion but I just thought it would be obvious that they'd open up new provinces for expansions rather than creating other ones out of thin air.

A magic portal in a statue?? Please, they can do better than that.

I agree with you 100%. It would be awesome if they were to make a Morrowind expansion as well. I'd love to see Morrowind with the Oblivion engine! However, any effort to make this ridiculously short game (in comparison to Morrowind) longer is welcome!

Well will Bethesda be able to redeem themselves with this, since Oblivion turned out to be such a coding mess, and still plaques people.

We'll see. :rolleyes:

Looks interesting. I'll definitely play through it, though I enjoyed Morrowind more than Oblivion. I know it'll never happen, but seeing it recreated would be bliss. :)

They were trying to create something new and different without getting too far away from what folks liked. It will be like being under the sky that the oblivion gates had red and dreary.

Thats just what I read anyway.

I would like better snow/rain, more in-depth fighting, more monsters, boats that are used by the npcs and sail (PIRATES!), birds (planes?), everything that FastRedPonyCar mentioned... think that covers it.

Back