• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1950XTX Watercooling with my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Current system or soon to be

Laing DDC w/ Petra's DDCT-01 Top Combo
Black Ice Xtreme Rad 2x120
Apogee
Swiftech Micro Res

I want to add watercooling to my current system, but I'm worried about a decrease in performance. There isn't much info out there on watercooling these beasts. I'm not looking for world records are anything I just want quiet, and not have my overall temps go up too much.

Any input would be appreciated

What is it exactly that you want to know? I recommend the MCW60 for now... nice block with good mounting and good flow. I'm using an MP-01 on my X1950XTX.

well my concerns were what blocks can handle the heat, will it cause any restrictions, and would it affect my temps significantly. I want be able to cool the card, but if I can do it just as quietly with air, I want someone to tell me.

dicecca112 said:
well my concerns were what blocks can handle the heat, will it cause any restrictions, and would it affect my temps significantly. I want be able to cool the card, but if I can do it just as quietly with air, I want someone to tell me.
The new coolers on the 1950's are supposed to be much quieter than previously. Water should drop you load temps some 30 - 40C on the core, no joke. I load at about 35c or so and stock it was 75+! All recent GPU blocks can handle it no problem. I cant say how much it will raise your water temps or your cpu temps because I don't have that rad. For me, my CPU temps did not go up one bit.

I dont think that the added heat from the card will hurt your temps @ all . But like Nik said it wil drop the temp on your card a crazy amount . my last card droped 30 degs when i put it on water.

Back