• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older style GW2K case w/ newer MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

megadeus

Registered
I've got a older style GW2K case for my somewhat new PC. The numbers on the front of the case, probably model number(s) are GP7-550. I checked out the wires in the case and I have the following:

Blue/White = Power switch.
Red/Black - HDD LED
Orange/Green = Power LED.
Black = I believe is the ground.

The MB I'm using is this one:

BIOSTAR P4M80-M4

Now I know that this case is not an up to date ATX, with a reset switch and all, but basically I'd like to know which of the above wires goes to which jumper on the MB.

If that is unknown then at least I'd like to know which one is the ground wire out of the ones listed, besides the obvious one (Black) :)

If needed I can take some pictures of it but I won't be able to post them until next week.

If you're wondering why I'm using an older case it's because I'm building this PC on a very tight budget. The CPU was free and the case and PS are free as well as the memory.

Thanks for any help!

Paul

Power switch will work either way. For the other HD light try it both ways it will only work one way though. As for the other three most older case power lights have three connectors. Depending on how you plug them in you can either get green or orange from the led.

speed bump said:
Power switch will work either way. For the other HD light try it both ways it will only work one way though. As for the other three most older case power lights have three connectors. Depending on how you plug them in you can either get green or orange from the led.

Thank You!! :)

I guess my main concern was getting the wires mixed up and blowing something.

P

megadeus said:
Thank You!! :)

I guess my main concern was getting the wires mixed up and blowing something.

P

Very unlikely. I remember in the bad old days when things werent labeled very well spending twenty minutes trying to figure out where everything plugged in.

speed bump said:
Very unlikely. I remember in the bad old days when things werent labeled very well spending twenty minutes trying to figure out where everything plugged in.

Same here. That's why I mentioned it:D

I should be putting this together next week. My CPU fan comes in then so I'll be all set.

Thanks again!

P

Back