Heatware Profile

Which Mounting on MCW60 with X1950xtx

Is it the 4 hole type or the two hole. I can't tell from the directions.

4 hole.

On the X1x00 series ATI went to a four hole mounting pattern.
    Big changes coming: Intel e4300, DFI Blood iron, Crucial DDR2-8500, ATI x859xt, MCW-6002>Ehiem 1250>Bip3 with 3 nidec beta Vs, Sunbeam Zorro, Corsair 650 watter
    Stuff I should be using but don't: Finally got around to running that stuff.

Ever run a benchmark? support our forums by posting it in the 3dmark team and system benchmarking team sections.
    My heatware

Silence may be golden but performance is platinum

Heatware Profile
    they really should update there directions, I hade the 4 hole plate off and was like this doesn't look right

Quote Originally Posted by dicecca112
    they really should update there directions, I hade the 4 hole plate off and was like this doesn't look right

what? that would cost money! palease, don't make unrealistic demands
    Macbook Pro for life.

the mcw60 can be a ***** to mount, good directions or not.

Quote Originally Posted by downer
    Wow

It is really hard.........not

Dell XPS 1330 T8300, 4GB PC6400, LED Monitor, DVD Burner, Intel 4965 wireless, Bluetooth 360, 9cell battery, Windows Vista Ultimate, Remote

Q9550, Gigabyte ex38 ds4, 4GB Corsair Dominator PC8500, evga 8800gt, Corsiar 520w psu, WD 640GB HD, LG Eide Dvd Burner, Antec P182

HEATWARE

It's definitely not as easy to mount as a Maze block. When mounting the MCW60 on my 6800 I had to do a balancing act with the card and block to get the screws started. BTW, your sarcasm needs work.

Meionm, that pic is with the G80 plate. With the standard plate it's a bit more difficult. In order to fit the block on my X1950XT I had to grind the "legs" down a bit because they were too tall and the block didn't contact the chip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Heatware Profile
    luckily I didn't have an issue it fits fine, checked the spread of the Ceramique and it worked great. Only issue I have is getting the damn Memory coolers to stick. I'm thinking about just reattaching the piece of copper that was orignally on the block if it'll fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MVC
    Meionm, that pic is with the G80 plate. With the standard plate it's a bit more difficult. In order to fit the block on my X1950XT I had to grind the "legs" down a bit because they were too tall and the block didn't contact the chip.
    Actually, it could just be an older image. I have an original MCW60. and it mounts to the card in the same way shown in meionm's picture
    Desktop ( HAL9000 ) - Server ( WOPR )
    Core i7-3960X - C2Q Q9550
    Asus Sabertooth X79 - Asus P5E Deluxe X48
    4x4Gb G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3-2133 - 4x2Gb OCZ Platinum DDR2-1066
    XFX HD7970 - Sapphire 4870x2
    2x120Gb Mushkin Chronos (RAID 0) - 2x160gb WD Raptor (RAID 0)
    Corsair H100 - Corsair H60
    Corsair AX1200 - Corsair TX750
    Corsair 650D - Customized old Industrial Server Case

Project Flaming Silverstone
    HEAT

Heatware Profile
    yeah my directions don't have that. The one I used to have mounted like that

Quote Originally Posted by MVC
    My MCW60 mounted like MVC showed. Overall I do like the block, free flowing and good craftsmanship. I just wish it mounted a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by downer

I thought the MCW60 was the easiest VGA block to install I have ever used...

i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz
    ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    16gb G.Skill PC312800 9-9-9-24
    HD6970 @ 900/1425 Crossfire
    DELL 2407WFP
    Win 7 Pro 64
    Cooler Master ATCS840
    Full Water

DELL 15Z
    i5 2640M - 8GB - 525M

your vga card is different than mine, so maybe the install was different. I had to mount my block like MVC's picture shows in post #8, and it can be hard to hold the block on the card while trying to tighten the screws down on the back.

I had a Maze gpu block on my 9800 pro before, and it was much easier to mount than the MCW60.

Yea MCW = PITA to mount. If I ever go back to water cooling I will get a block that has screws that to through the card and nuts that go on the back, like a Maze 4.
    ][mmortal ]-[ero
    Heatware