• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mounting on MCW60 with X1950xtx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they really should update there directions, I hade the 4 hole plate off and was like this doesn't look right

dicecca112 said:
they really should update there directions, I hade the 4 hole plate off and was like this doesn't look right

what? that would cost money! palease, don't make unrealistic demands ;)

downer said:
the mcw60 can be a ***** to mount, good directions or not.
Wow

It is really hard.........not

exploded-view.gif

It's definitely not as easy to mount as a Maze block. When mounting the MCW60 on my 6800 I had to do a balancing act with the card and block to get the screws started. BTW, your sarcasm needs work.

Meionm, that pic is with the G80 plate. With the standard plate it's a bit more difficult. In order to fit the block on my X1950XT I had to grind the "legs" down a bit because they were too tall and the block didn't contact the chip.

Attachments

• mcw613.gif
    mcw613.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 110
luckily I didn't have an issue it fits fine, checked the spread of the Ceramique and it worked great. Only issue I have is getting the damn Memory coolers to stick. I'm thinking about just reattaching the piece of copper that was orignally on the block if it'll fit.

MVC said:
Meionm, that pic is with the G80 plate. With the standard plate it's a bit more difficult. In order to fit the block on my X1950XT I had to grind the "legs" down a bit because they were too tall and the block didn't contact the chip.
Actually, it could just be an older image. I have an original MCW60. and it mounts to the card in the same way shown in meionm's picture :)

MVC said:

My MCW60 mounted like MVC showed. Overall I do like the block, free flowing and good craftsmanship. I just wish it mounted a little easier.

your vga card is different than mine, so maybe the install was different. I had to mount my block like MVC's picture shows in post #8, and it can be hard to hold the block on the card while trying to tighten the screws down on the back.

I had a Maze gpu block on my 9800 pro before, and it was much easier to mount than the MCW60.

Yea MCW = PITA to mount. If I ever go back to water cooling I will get a block that has screws that to through the card and nuts that go on the back, like a Maze 4.

Back